What muscle group do you most loathe exercising?

Options
JasonAxelrod
JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
It seems that in each of my workouts I have a moment where the burn on my muscles gets incredibly intense and really uncomfortable. I started thinking about that and realized that there was really only one muscle group where it got so intense that I needed to stop a set early. My forearms. Quadriceps come in a close second, but it's bearable. My forearms, though, get super tight super quickly and I think the combination of that swelling or "pump" alongside the fact that I only do them once a week just fuels the sensation even more.

Which muscle group do you detest working out? Be it pain, difficulty, mechanical issues, or anything else, which part of your workout that you STILL DO is your least favorite part?

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My arms, I hate working out my arms. When I lift my head gets overheated and I get a headache. I asked a trainer and he said I was doing the excerises correctly so it's not my form.
  • Camo_Man
    Camo_Man Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Legs would probably be my least favorite....
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I'm not a fan of squats, but legs are fine; arms are fine; however, working my abs is Hell on Earth. Sometimes my eyes get a little misty before I start working out that area because I know it's going to blow.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Leg day, squats in paticular. 2nd day after doing them always gets me.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    abs
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lower back

Not that I don't enjoy it, I just never seem to feel it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    As much as I hear "I hate cardio" on this site, I would expect more "Heart" answers.

For me it's shoulders.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    abs and calves. painful and boring
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    None.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of squats, but legs are fine; arms are fine; however, working my abs is Hell on Earth. Sometimes my eyes get a little misty before I start working out that area because I know it's going to blow.

AGREE!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's not the muscle group I hate... it's the joints.

I have arthritis and the cartilage in my knees are garbage.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have never directly worked out my forearms (unless you count junior high school). yet, i still have rocking forearms.

but to answer your question, i hate working out my lower back. i tend to do it after squat or dead lift day. good mornings, kettle bell swings, weighted hyper extensions, pendlay rows, etc, all help to strength that area where i'm weak, but also make me feel a little sore.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    the heart and lungs
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Arms for sure.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    i have never directly worked out my forearms (unless you count junior high school). yet, i still have rocking forearms.

One of these days I'm going to stop being so juvenile...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    the heart and lungs

^^ These too! LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    the heart and lungs

Those are my favorites. Though, technically, lungs are organs.
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    Legs! As a man who is on his feet most of the day, legs day and the following days after are horrible!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    All of them
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    <----Leg Adductors get sore as hell :devil: