Good at home workouts! Help!

Options
What are some good workouts (half hour to an hour long) that kick your butt, but are fun to do at home as well? I've bought the P90x system, but the guy is annoying and I sold it to one of my friends after using if for 3 months. I have been thinking about purchasing the Zumba dvds, but just curious if there are better and more fun work outs to do? I am looking for workouts that are intense high cal burns, but entertaining and good for lower body toning and fat burning.

Usually I go to the gym and workout for 60-90 minutes and get a 600-1000 calorie burn, but for the last two weeks, my schedule has simply been to packed to even get into the gym. I need something to supplement on the days I don't have time to head to the gym, but can spare 30-60 at home.

Thanks for your input!!

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs all the way. he is Hot and funny! awsome work out too. just did it 3 days in a row and my abs are hurtin (good hurtin though)
  • cmmdance
    cmmdance Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba core on the Wii and I like it.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Here there are all sorts of programs from beginers to experienced even 30 day plans :flowerforyou:
    http://hasfit.com/beginner-workout-program/
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Does it work the butt, love handles, and thighs too? I love ab workouts- my second favorite to running, but just wanted check. :)
    Hip Hop Abs all the way. he is Hot and funny! awsome work out too. just did it 3 days in a row and my abs are hurtin (good hurtin though)
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had good results with Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution. She isn't like she is on Biggest Loser. I like her in this video program. It's also 30 minutes long and I love the workouts.
  • larvkars
    larvkars Posts: 2
    Options
    I think it all depends on stuff that interests you already. I like to dance so I enjoy cardio dance workouts. You can find some great 10-20 minute dance workouts on youtube. BeFit and FitSugar are great resources.
  • salsadancer10
    salsadancer10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been working out at home since gyms can be expensive. I've purchased Billy Blanks JR Dance with Me fitness DVDs. I love it!! He covers different dance styles and you're sweating after 10 minutes. There are 3 dance styles per DVD. You can do one, two or all three to really get a cardio workout. If you want to get the look of a dancer's body, get the Lotte Berk DVD set. It's a 4 DVD set, each DVD is 1/2 hour. The days I don't combine the dance cardio DVD with the Lotte Berk DVD, I just exercise one hour to the Lotte Berk DVD. I've tried Zumba once and didn't care for it. As a person who loves to dance Salsa with the boyfriend, Zumba just doesn't do it for me.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Davina's intense is a great home workout, it's interval training at a high intensity, it's a really hard workout and worth checking out
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The P90X guy drives me nuts too! My bf tried to get me into it and I just couldn't do it. As you know, I am loving Insanity and I love Shaun T and definitely recommend it. I bought 30 Day Shred on Amazon for less than ten dollars to try next.

You should check out this website: http://gainfitness.com/

If you go to that website and click on "quick workout" at the top, you can tell it how long you have to work out, that you're working out at home, and what (if any) equipment you have and then it will generate an at-home workout for you. I also get lots of fun and different ideas on Pinterest for at-home workouts.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Body Revolution.
  • lisadoe71
    lisadoe71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed the Beach Body-Turbo Jam. They are fun, high intensity and work the entire core without a single sit up. The workout times start as little as 20 min when you don't have a lot of time but want to burn a lot of calories.