New from WPB, Florida

Options
Mrsace13
Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
Hi, just found this site by seeing someone on another site with the ticker banner. This site looks really great and I'm excited that I found it.

My name is Teresa, I have four kids 22, 18, 19 and 7 and two grandkids 2 yrs. and 3 weeks old. I am tired of my weight and I can't do things with my kids. I was looking into lapband but I don't know if I want to take that step or if my insurance will even approve me.

I hope to get to know some of you so we can be helpful to each other.

Replies

• Mrsace13
    Options
    Hi, just found this site by seeing someone on another site with the ticker banner. This site looks really great and I'm excited that I found it.

My name is Teresa, I have four kids 22, 18, 19 and 7 and two grandkids 2 yrs. and 3 weeks old. I am tired of my weight and I can't do things with my kids. I was looking into lapband but I don't know if I want to take that step or if my insurance will even approve me.

I hope to get to know some of you so we can be helpful to each other.
  • Mrsace13
    Options
    Even though I have lost and gained so many times I am going to start over today with 0 pounds down and work from here, again.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome Teresa :flowerforyou:

I am also from FL... the west coast and happy to share the sunshine :glasses: with you and all MFPers.

Be proud of the fact you have made the decision not just to be healthy for you... but also to really enjoy the blessing of being your childrens' mom. :smile:

This is THE place where you can come to get and give support to other amazing people. :wink:

We come from many places...but we come for the same reason...to be healthy and :happy:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Oh!!! I'm from Florida this year too! Welcome! Lovely weather we are having lately! Perfect for being outside and about!
  • shar0124
    shar0124 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Teresa:

My name is Sharon and I am from Vero Beach, FL. A Grandmother with 2 great granddaughters, age 8 and almost 10. :love: :love:

I used to be thin all my life until quiting smoking 7 years ago - a decision I have never regretted. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Various diets have only helped to add the pounds. I am now working with a trainer at the gym 2 days a week along with eating healthy. Today will be session #4. :smile:

Since we are starting about the same time, lets keep up with each other. Maybe we can help support each other.

Namaste, since you seem more experienced, maybe you can help keep us motivated.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :smile: This is a great place to come for support. You follow the plan, work out a few times a week (I started with 30 mins. 3x a week and now am up to much more I'm like addicted now...I do cardio 5 days a week for an hour, I walk 2-4 miles a day, and have recently added 30 minutes of strength training and am working on adding more of that) There's some great posts on here with some good advice. Eat your exercise calories. Your muscles need them. :flowerforyou: Keep it up and there are lots of great people here for support if you need them. :wink: