guys i feel like crying

Options

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Cry.

Then start lifting more then 8lbs at a time.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    Like everyone is asying.............lift weights
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't normally stick to one. But I have two 8 pound dumbbells that I use a lot.

I do a few sets of like, military presses, squats, lunges, rows, curls, etc etc
    Then I go for a run!

I smell the stank of troll..........
  • KngLouie68
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've lost 93 pounds so far and when I look in the mirror at myself without clothes on I see The Blob looking back at me. I do 45 minutes of strength training 4 times a week and no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to tone up. I've come to the realization that sooner or later I may need some type of cosmetic surgery or else just never be able to take off my shirt in public.
  • Ginerrva
    Ginerrva Posts: 226
    Options
    I don't know, the eights do me in well. But I suppose I could borrow heavier weights from my sister- but if i can't I won't be able to access any because I don't have money to spare.
  • 3blues1978
    3blues1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with the HIIT, look for some classes in your area.
  • Ginerrva
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've lost 93 pounds so far and when I look in the mirror at myself without clothes on I see The Blob looking back at me. I do 45 minutes of strength training 4 times a week and no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to tone up. I've come to the realization that sooner or later I may need some type of cosmetic surgery or else just never be able to take off my shirt in public.
    That's exactly how I feel!
  • tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    about half an hour all together? Daily , resting friday and saturday

Not enough time and not enough weight. Also, increase protein intake for rebuilding muscle.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't normally stick to one. But I have two 8 pound dumbbells that I use a lot.

I do a few sets of like, military presses, squats, lunges, rows, curls, etc etc
    Then I go for a run!
    This is not weight lifting. This is using muscles but when people say weight lifting they mean HEAVY weights in the weight section of the gym, generally not something you could do at home. Get New Rules of Lifting for Women. It helped me a lot. Still reading the book, and not completing in the program yet, but getting so much new useful info.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    HIIT!!!
    Agree! Ditch your runs and alternate lifting with Hiit in your work outs.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Based on your diary - it doesnt look like you're eating enough and def not enough protein. If you want to lose fat and gain muscle you need the protein. 30g of protein a day just istn't going to work.

Also, change up your workout routine. HIIT is an awesome suggestion. Pick things up and put them down! Running is great and can help slim you but it will do little as far as building muscle goes.
  • Ginerrva
    Options
    I don't know. Is there a way to do HIIT without classes or a video?
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Crunches and sit ups.... lots of them.... I have lost 107lbs so far and a lot of it has been from my stomach area. I do 1 hour of cardio daily plus strength conditioning 3 times a week but I do sit ups and crunches Everyday twice a day, your core is one of the strongest muscles in your body and I was told by a personal trainer that there is no such thing as over working your stomach muscles.
    I average between 250 to 400 sit ups/crunches a day.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't know, the eights do me in well. But I suppose I could borrow heavier weights from my sister- but if i can't I won't be able to access any because I don't have money to spare.

You do not need weights. Do push ups, squats and lunges. And I mean big girl push ups, full squats and deep lunges.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Is there a way to do HIIT without classes or a video?
    Of course. Google it and you'll get tons of options you can do at home or outside. Forums do not replace doing your own research.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Start lifting heavy weights. You'll see a tremendous improvement in body composition.

No one heard her the first 2 times? I love MFP!

Do something completely different. HIIT Training? Running?

YES! HIIT!
  • airyn1
    airyn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Blogilaties on YouTube.

http://www.blogilates.com/
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Try something new. Change things up. check your macros. :)Shock your system! :)

^^ You rang?
    Great advice I guess my reputation preceeds me . I don't want to brag but luckly for you OP dark elfs are my specialty and as people know me as shock aka shockwave I will indeed rock and shock your system into burning fat and calories.. I just hope you can handle me. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • guyknight1963
    Options
    Run- go running-it seems like everyone at the gym is against "running". There are many websites and Youtube videos which are full of many "loose weight without the treadmill" programs which you can watch (or are really just advertisements for a video series which you can purchase for a nominal fee). But, I always ask myself "have you ever seen a fat runner?'' I suggest to start on the treadmill, move outside to the road or start trail running, if you have a good location or the weather cooperates. Everything that I have read seems to prove that running burns the most calories.
    I admit it,- at first- running sucks- but like any sport, you get betterat it the more you do it. You eventually start to enjoy it, AND you will see it working for you. Take a moment check out the MFP exercise calculator- research which types of exercise workouts burn the most calories. Add some type of running to your weekly workouts- SPIN is always fun too.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921892-no-gym-required?hl=no+gym

Check it out.
    She is awesome. And she used youtube videos! :bigsmile: