alcohol

Options
I'm not a big drinker but what are some low cal less horrible options health wise when you are out for girls night???

Replies

• boxem180
    boxem180 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic or vodka and diet soda. For each drink I have, I follow it with an entire cup of water - it helps spread the drinks out over the entire night.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I would go for the hard stuff on the rocks, or a diet rum and coke.
  • ToniaWalkin
    ToniaWalkin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Soda with fresh lime
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A dry red wine is always good.
  • dadeys1
    dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you like...but in moderation, of course...yeah, right!! :laugh:

The calorieking website below has a whole list of different drinks and their calorie count. When I started my journey, I actually asked a bartender a few questions to help me decide. What I learned is that most alcohols are pretty close in calorie count. And the difference in a short or tall drink is the same amount of alcohol (usually 1.5 oz), it's just there's more mixer in a tall (diet something or water for sure). That way the drink last longer with less alcohol (that's the idea anyway). Also, a "double" is not truly twice the alcohol. It is usually 1.5oz + 1oz. Take that for what it's worth. Nobody ever said you could trust a bartender.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=alcohol

Bottom line: You can have as many drinks as you want but it comes with a price...either in your workout or food. Cheers!!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If I am out, vodka, soda with lime. If I am home vodka and sprite zero.
  • shanellev
    shanellev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    vodka water lime...not juice!! lime wedge
  • userpaul
    userpaul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If I go out I drink what ever I want, tot it up the next day and then exercise over the next few days to burn it off. But i don't go out to frequently so it's not a big issue for me.