Are my results correct??

Options
I just did zumba fitness RUSH on xbox 360 w/ kinect and it told me that i did it for 63 mins and burn 834 calories... I'm in shock but before i get too excited.. is this information correct because i want to do it again later today which would make a total of about 1600 + the 500 i decrease from my diet which would briing me to 2100 calories in all a day..!!

Replies

• soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kayla.....not sure if the results are correct, but don't get too focused on the exercise as an excuse to eat more calories. What has worked for me is sticking to my eating plan / calorie count and exercising is just a "bonus". This way you are burning calories which adds to weight loss faster. I'm not sure if this way is MFP approved as when you enter the exercise, it tags on more calories for you to consume. This has never worked for me.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Unless you were wearing a heart rate monitor, it's not correct.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Kayla.....not sure if the results are correct, but don't get too focused on the exercise as an excuse to eat more calories. What has worked for me is sticking to my eating plan / calorie count and exercising is just a "bonus". This way you are burning calories which adds to weight loss faster. I'm not sure if this way is MFP approved as when you enter the exercise, it tags on more calories for you to consume. This has never worked for me.

it's not the way MFP is designed. MFP is designed to eat back exercise calories unless you incorporate exercise as part of your lifestyle. For example, if you exercise 5 days a week and set your account to moderately active then you would not have to eat back your exercise calories.

OP, that seems a bit high but it would depending on your size. Based on your ticker, I would assume a 50% reduction in those calories might be a bit more accurate. If you workout daily or frequently, just update your lifestyle otherwise, eat 50% of those exercise calories and push to make them more in protein to improve rebuilding of muscle.
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just did zumba fitness RUSH on xbox 360 w/ kinect and it told me that i did it for 63 mins and burn 834 calories... I'm in shock but before i get too excited.. is this information correct because i want to do it again later today which would make a total of about 1600 + the 500 i decrease from my diet which would briing me to 2100 calories in all a day..!!

I don't think MFP calculates exercise points correctly, which is why I never eat back my exercise calories. Even though I am always under and never eat back the exercise calories, I am losing weight UNDER the rate that MFP tells me I will. So my advise is to not trust that amount.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I find the xbox Zumba calculations to be a bit over- by about a bazillion.
    Really though, I don't think it can tell if you a-did every single step b-did it up to the instructors standards

I also believe this would HAVE to be high intensity for the entire time.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    xBox Zumba - tells me I burned 8 calories in 40 mins or so, but my heart rate monitor gives me 300+. Do not trust it!