Ladies - How do you balance cardio and strength training?

Options
2»

Replies

• life99joy
    life99joy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical and 2-3 circuits of NMTZ 6 days a week - pounds keep coming off!
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Actually, you do not "need" cardio at all to lose weight. You can lose weight solely by eating less food. Cardio has other health benefits, but it is purely optional for weight loss.

Ok, that's good to know. I don't think I can rely on diet, though. I really am trying to eat clean but I am just not the best at it. I'm ok with portion control.. I just make some lousy choices... so I will most def. need to do some cardio
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I focus on strength training, doing Stronglifts 5 x 5 on Mon Wed and Fri. On other days I do light cardio only, either walking on treadmill or long walk for the dog.

I am losing 1 lb a week consistently just doing this .
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i do a 5 min warm up, strength training for 30 mins, HIT for 20 mins then 5 mins stretching. tend to train 2 days on 1 day off. has helped me cut down from 175lbs to 130lbs at present. have been down to 124lbs but currently trying to build a little more muscle so eating more :)

^^^^This has given me the most success
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I guess it all depends on your schedule and what options you have available. A balanced approach usually works the best for me. I do 2 days of weights, 2 days of cardio, 1 day of circuit training (half weights, half cardio), 1 rest day (do nothing), and 1 day of either yoga or rest. On very busy weeks, I try my best to at least get 2 days of weights and 1-2 days of cardio.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice everyone! :)