Spartan Race/Tough Mudder/Mud Runs etc

Options
Hello Hello! Has anyone ever done a Spartan Race, Tough Mudder or a Mud Run? I have my first 7km obstacle course this Saturday and am in desperate need of some tips! Thanks fit friends! x x x

Replies

• nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did the Dirty Dash last August after not training at all through the summer. It absolutely kicked my *kitten* but was really, really fun. Any advice I would give would be to just enjoy it, challenge yourself to do the obstacles, and, wear clothes you don't necessarily want to keep.
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to respond! I haven't trained quite as hard as I should have but I am of the same view as you. Just have fun and see what happens! Hope you have an awesome day hun! x x x
  • muddyorbloody
    Options
    Hello,

I have run 8 Spartan Races varying in length from 5-15 miles so I feel somewhat qualified to help.

I can say that, as Norny suggested, you should wear clothes you don't care for. Dirty Dash is all about fun and mud. There will be hay for jumping over and walls to climb. Lots of tires to run over as well. Just go into it with a smile on your face and the right attitude. Like being a kid again on field day!

Obstacles are likely to be wet so take your time with balance and hanging obstacles.

Wear shoes with some grip but nothing too heavy or that may get too heavy when wet.

Any specific questions?
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    I always bring a smile on my face and a right attitude. I really look forward to being a big kid on the day and having a laugh. There really are not enough adult playgrounds in Sydney! Thanks for the tip about the attire too.

I have never ran 7km so I hope I survive. Any tips on what I should eat before it or on the day before?

I am having a rest day the day before the race to make sure I have enough energy to go in all guns ablazing! x