OH MY GOD I'VE GOT (SORT OF) ABS!

Options
:drinker:
Please join me in hoisting a brew to celebrate the appearance of my abdominal muscles, last seen in a mirror in a college gym in 1995, and now, apparently returning two at a time. Please hoist a second brew to the fact that “serratus anterior” muscles, the ones that cover your ribs above your obliques, have also begun to show up. Granted they are 40 years late to the party but perhaps they will compensate for that pesky receding hairline. Don’t celebrate too loudly, though; we don’t want to scare them away. When frightened, they like to hide behind lots of pallid flab.

But seriously, folks, who the hell knew you could have a better body at 40 than you did at 21? Can’t wait to see what the next nine and a half months bring…
:drinker:

Replies

• hollowaym12
    Options
    that's awesome! keep up the good work, you should be so proud of yourself :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations Woo hoo
  • lawi75
    lawi75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Love it! Cheers:drinker:
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Ha! Same thing is happening to me! I've been able to recognize a "two pack" for a while, but now I see the faint signs of #'s 3 & 4 beginning to show through the thinning layer of remaining belly fat.

:happy:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Cheers to you! :drinker:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    GO You....that inspires those that hope to have them someday...Thanks......HERE HERE :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen!
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Well done you!!! It is my dream to have more defined abs. Would love to hear of any ab exercises you can recommend. I got down to 16.2% body fat last year and still couldnt see much happening in my stomach area - it's defo the most challenging part of my body to train.
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    For me too...though in my case I think about 75% of it is just losing the flab OVER the abs. But one exercise I picked up recently has done a lot for my obliques and especially the area over the ribs which frame the abs. Basically you stand with your feet about hip width apart, hold up your fists in a kind of fighting pose, look to one side, and then bend to the other. Bend straight to the side, and to test if you're doing it right, put a hand on the oblique you are bending away from. (In other words, if you're bending right, put your hand on your left side). I started with 50 reps each side, and now do 100 reps each side, and in just a couple of weeks I've noticed a definite difference.
  • Gangwolf
    Options
    Crap, gotta put my money where my mouth is, I guess...will have to shoot some.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen!

Beat me to it!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Never in my life have my abs shown.. Can't wait to get there!

Awesome Job!
  • Gangwolf
    Options
    Stupid question...how do you post pics? I don't see a button for it....
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    I will try that that oblique exercise. Thanks for the tip!

I have been posting a secret album on my facebook page "The Baking Mad Gym Addict" - none of my actual facebook friends know about it because I can't stand the thought of them seeing my belly! - I've only told the supportive community on my fitness pal.

If you get a chance to check out my (sort of) abs let me know. Sometimes I think I see something but it's a bit like a magic eye picture at times... Hopefully I will have more abs definition by the end of the year. It's a long process...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!