Men who started at or around 250 lbs...

Options
Figs318
Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
Hello everyone, first let me start of by saying I know answers will be varied, however im just trying to get a range. I started my weightloss at 255 in december 2012, to this day i am down to 228... pretty good IMO. Although i have lost close to 30 pounds i still see the same body image when i started, so my question is fellas roughly how many pounds did you lose before you could really see your stomach getting smaller???? Thanks for all your input.....

Replies

• Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Started much higher (312) but I could see noticeable differences after about 30lbs or so.

Keep up the good work. You'll get there!
  • ruppirana
    Options
    Hey Figs,

I started at 250 on the dot in December, too...and I started to see dramatic changes in my body at around 215ish. I'm down to 191 (I checked yesterday) and the change is even more noticeable. Just hang in there and you'll start seeing the benefits.
  • moparrunner6
    Options
    im even higher then 312 im 450 iv been working hard at it fo a mounth now.i work out at a gym and have a trainer i want the same is to lose my gut but he said its the last place were men lose it.so maybe we can work on it togather. so send me a frind request
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started at 297, I started losing my jeans at between 30 and 40 lbs, family and friends had started noticing the difference before that.

They do say that it can take up to 2 years after you lose weight before your mind gets used to the new you, just have to get used to trying clothes on then going back to get smaller sizes, yea I know that really sucks :laugh:

Good luck with your goals and you will notice the difference soon.

Andy
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    I started at 240 and I didn't notice any difference until I'd lost about 30 pounds. I wonder now though if I would have noticed a difference sooner if I had started weight lifting sooner. Since I started lifting, my weight hasn't gone down nearly as fast but I see bigger changes, especially in my mid section.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I started at 235, now at 210 and my belly is the same size. It is rounder though - much less lumpy.
  • badmojo108
    Options
    I am 5'10" and started trying to lose weight when I 245. It wasn't until I got down to around 200 that I started to see a difference in my body shape. Prior to that, even though weight dropped and I fit in smaller pants/shirts I was still a pear shaped guy, a smaller pear perhaps, but still a pear. Between 200 and the 175 I am now I have seen a really drastic change in my shape. At 190 my belly fat really started to drop off and my waist became visibly smaller than my shoulders giving me a much more "fit" appearance.

I think it all comes down to how/where you body likes to store fat. For me it's my waist, first place I put it on and the last place I lose it, and a big gut, was really what gave me that pear shape. So until I lost enough fat for my body to decide it was time to start burning the belly fat my shape wouldn't change. But once I started losing the belly fat, the majority of the weight I was losing was all from my belly resulting in big changes fast. Stick with it, I promise that eventually you will hit a tipping point and you start seeing big positive changes.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I was about 245. I'm now at 185, and working my way down the BMI chart.

The change seemed gradual to me. I never woke up and realized that my fat was gone. It just gets the teeniest bit smaller every day.

It's always a good day when I hit a new pant size, though.
  • iamponce
    iamponce Posts: 18
    Options
    I weighed on at 253 on Jan. 9th. Today I am 238. I have noticed a big change in my face, but I can't see any changes in my mid section.BUT I can fit into my XL shirts again instead of 2XL.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started working on my weight at 357. I'm 255 now. I look better, and started noticing at around 30-40 pounds off. Although I look better, I still feel like that ugly fat person at times. It's hard to shake that mentality that you're the heavy one. I have been down to 185 in my past, and I know I will get there. All of these thoughts will be gone, and this time it will be forever. Good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • ruppirana
    Options
    Absolutely...that's something I wish I had done sooner, too. Lifting has definitely helped with the change in my body shape.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Build the upper body up, it'll make everything look smaller...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Build the upper body up, it'll make everything look smaller...
    Yeah, I think most guys would not see that as a positive!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    6'4"; started at 296#. Did not take before/after pics, so didn't notice difference until more than 20# lost. Now that I'm approach 50# lost, it's a night and day difference. I'm not buying new clothes until after I hit goal weight, but even if my old baggy clothes people notice the difference.
    A major NSV is when a co-worker noticed at around 20# lost. I started this job in Feb 2012 and started weight loss a month later. We worked opposing schedules so he'd probably only seen me only 5-10 times in total but he still noticed. My work ID pic was taken before weight loss, so I notice the facial difference every day I look at that pic! Definitely reinforces my efforts thus far!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started at 285, and I'm 40 years old. Now I'm 200 lbs. When you drop 35 - 50 lbs, people will notice, and you will look different, especially to people you see less often.
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stick with bro!

Started at 260 and noticed significant changes at about 220 or so....I'm now down to 181.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    We have almost identical numbers. Started around 250 in January and am currently 228. I've definitely noticed big changes from lifting. Still have a gut but it's definitely much better. I'm 6'4 though and estimate I'm only 20 lbs from where I need to be.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Started in December of 2012 as well at 248....I'm now 232...belly is still there its just a bit smaller..I have the low flab...not a pop belly so it looks like i dont have much of a stomach..but my face, waist, legs, everywhere i lost inches..cloths feel nice and loose
  • WeAreLegend
    WeAreLegend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 275, when I got down to 220, thats when my wife said "wow, your belly is really getting flat" keep it up!
  • leftyguitarplr
    leftyguitarplr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For some reason the mirror lies when it comes to weight loss - most likely because the change is very gradual every time you look at yourself. For a more dramatic affect, compare an old photo of your self at a heavier weight to what you look like minus 30 lbs. I guarantee, you'll see a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!