Having issues spending quality time with my pillow.

Options
So 4 weeks into my journey and seeing some subtle but fantastic changes. One thing that has arisen as a slight issue over the past few days was me being unable to sleep. and from what Ive read sleep is GOOD!

but to keep it short last few nights it was endless laying there, closing my eyes. Im aware of everything but im not fully alseep.

I dont drink any caffinated beverages after 3pm, so Im not sure if its just something that is normal and I will get past it. or maybe my pillow doesnt love me anymore?

or maybe the nice groove I made in my bed from the past 10 years of sleeping in the same spot now feels unnatural?

Replies

• blkenigma8
    blkenigma8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try Melotonin. You can get it in the vitamin aisle. It is a natural chemical that helps you sleep. It more like relaxes your body and turns off your brain. Another thing i do is read before bed. It helps me a lot. Hope you have better luck sleeping!
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have chronic sleep issues due to medicine I have to take. Once a week, I take a Tylenol PM so I can sleep well. I would try Melatonin first as it s natural.
    Also, if I swim right before bed, I seem to sleep better as swimming really tires me out and relaxes me.
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Try Melotonin. You can get it in the vitamin aisle. It is a natural chemical that helps you sleep. It more like relaxes your body and turns off your brain. Another thing i do is read before bed. It helps me a lot. Hope you have better luck sleeping!

hmm ill definatly have a look into that if my sleeping issues persist after the next few days
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Are you not sleeping at all, just fewer hours, or is the sleep less sound? Are you suffering during waking hours because of sleep problems? Four weeks is a pretty short amount of time to determine a pattern or noticeable difference.

All of the above happen to me sometimes. I need far less sleep than I used to, and I know that's because of my diet and exercise. I probably average about 6-7 hours of good sleep a night, but often I get less than that and I feel great. During certain times of the month (thank you hormones!) I need more sleep, around 8 hours or so, and I still feel lethargic. If you aren't feeling different during the day I wouldn't worry about it.
  • rfuchs
    rfuchs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't related to the time change and your body just hasn't adjusted yet?
  • iheartwhitetea
    iheartwhitetea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I remembered reading something about this in this thread (don't worry its a short one): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/914248-trouble-sleeping-now?hl=lifting+sleep#posts-13864711

I think what some of the posters mention is that over-training and/or under-eating can contribute to poor sleep. Are you eating enough protein/calories to make up for your workouts? I had trouble with this initially when I started working out - I re-evaluated my calorie goals and I've been sleeping much better!
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I workout around 7:30 pm....take a hot shower and it lights out for me....I was having trouble sleeping too after my workouts..bu it was due to a weight loss pill that I stopped taking.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a problem falling asleep (sometimes even STAYING asleep) when I workout later at night..