Green tea??

Options
Anyone drink plain green tea on the regular and can vouch for it's benefits? I was thinking of incorporating 3 cups a day in my diet. With all the water I drink I don't know how I can fit it in but I will try.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you like green tea, drink green tea. It has no magical properties other than being a minor anti oxidant so don't expect weight to start falling off or being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Your body needs fluids. It doesn't care if it's tea, coffee, soda, water, milk, juice, soup or the water content from fruits and veggies. If your urine is pale yellow you have enough fluid intake.
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    I just started drinking it..but I drink it hot. I like to have some before bed & today I've had 2 mugs already but that's bc I'm sick!! I saw they had a dieters green tea but I got regular!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Good news: Your tea can be counted as water.

Bad news: It won't aid your weight loss.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I just like the taste.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good news: Your tea can be counted as water.

Bad news: It won't aid your weight loss.

Then never mind. I thought it sped up your metabolism. I hate the taste so I will stick to water.
  • shygirlnot4u
    shygirlnot4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started drinking tea too but its not green tea... its ginseng and it has senna which has helped me this past month with my weight loss start up. its called sun valley premium dieter's tea. I like that its natural herbs and I believe the company that sells it also sells green tea. but I couldn't find it At any stores just online.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I consider it a treat.

I keep a water bottle in the fridge with a few green teabags in it. After lunch, every day, that's what I drink instead of a soda.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If the key to losing weight was a couple of cups of green tea everyday there would be a lot less fat people walking around. Green tea = tasty, nice for hydration, some minimal health benefits BUT it's not a miracle drink. Don't look for quick fixes and short cuts, they don't exist. Hard work, dedication, calorie deficit and exercise have been proven time and time again to work. Stick with a sensible plan, it will work!!
  • pixieflitzy
    Options
    When I went from 155-145 a few years ago I was drinking green tea to curb cravings. It worked better than plain water.