Ladies HELP!!!

Options
ajhugz
ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
I've been having trouble meeting my calorie goal since I got my monthly visitor. I'm not starving. I have been eating, just not much. My appetite is like blah. I'm scared to workout because if I don't eat more the deficit will be super big. If I do an intense workout it might help my appetite, but moderate to low intensity workouts never make me hungry. Not quite sure I want to be intense today.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Eat higher calorie foods. Why aren't you hungry?
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A day or two of being under your calories is not going to kill you (or put you in the dreaded starvation mode). Workout, eat when you are hungry. It will all balance out just like you hormones will.

Oh yeah, almonds and avacados are yummy. Just sayin'
  • ajhugz
    Options
    Eat higher calorie foods. Why aren't you hungry?

I have no idea! This is new for me.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A day or two of being under your calories is not going to kill you (or put you in the dreaded starvation mode). Workout, eat when you are hungry. It will all balance out just like you hormones will.

Yep and so is peanut butter :-)
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

THIS.
  • samairon
    samairon Posts: 46
    Options
    I've been going through this for a week or so. Not on my period or anything, I just have no appetite. It's very strange. I've just been shoving in as much food as I can stand and drinking smoothies to fill in the gaps.
  • ajhugz
    Options

I try to eat almonds everyday. Love avocados but the closest grocer to me doesn't have the best quality, more like mush-acado. I try to buy them ripe and eat them the same day because i don't know how I should store them or how long until they go bad.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I'll try a smoothie. I have frozen fruit and I forgot lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

I try to eat almonds everyday. Love avocados but the closest grocer to me doesn't have the best quality, more like mush-acado. I try to buy them ripe and eat them the same day because i don't know how I should store them or how long until they go bad.

You can freeze homemade guacamole and it will keep for months!
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    You are not alone! This happens to me too. I think exercising made me feel full. Weird. I found I got slightly lethargic and felt blah but I upped my protein and found ways to eat little snacks like almonds and things and I got over that and now feel great. I just wanted to let you know others go through this too. :)
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Higher calorie foods - and healthy ones - will help. Nuts, avocados, healthy oils, some higher fat dairy like 2% yogurt vs 0% fat, etc. Peanut butter... I have the opposite effect. When its my period I'm ready for FOOD. Hope you can make it work.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Have some higher calorie snacks that you may have been cutting down on.
  • ajhugz
    Options
    I'm gonna try eating something high in calories and a smoothie. I feel like its a cheat day lol. I think I've been so focused on what i've been eating it kind of made eating undesirable. Not that I've been eating super healthy. Idk if that makes sense but thanks everyone and I'm so happy i can freeze guacamole.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been having trouble meeting my calorie goal since I got my monthly visitor. I'm not starving. I have been eating, just not much. My appetite is like blah. I'm scared to workout because if I don't eat more the deficit will be super big. If I do an intense workout it might help my appetite, but moderate to low intensity workouts never make me hungry. Not quite sure I want to be intense today.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the same issue...not scared to workout though ;-)
    But, like someone else said, a couple of days won't put your body in starvation mode...enjoy your smoothie!