MFP activity levels

Options
When I first started MFP, I had my activity level set to "lightly active" because I had just started working in a classroom, and didn't think I would consider that very active.

I am 3 weeks into this new job and I am often out of breath from chasing kids and struggling to get them to sit for lessons, etc. I work in a classroom of kids with Autism and they are on the lower functioning end of the spectrum, so it is challenging (but I love it!). I sit for 15 mins a day when I eat my lunch, otherwise, I am on my feet and always moving, chasing, redirecting, etc.

Once I get home, I still don't sit still. I am cleaning, cooking, driving my own kids places, food shopping, climbing 3 flights of stairs to do laundry.
And 3 days a week, I do spin classes on top of 30 day shred 4 days a week.

So, I changed my activity level to "active" Do you think that is a fair estimate? I don't want to do myself a disservice. I think most of us underestimate our daily activity level. I just dont want to over estimate it.

Replies

• bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The best judge would be the results. Try it for 3-4 weeks and see if your losing weight. If your weight goes up or stagnates then drop it back down. Consistency is the key!