Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming

Options
What do you usually tell yourself to stay on track when you're feeling like it's just so hard to make the "tasks" into habits?

When you're short on time and everyone else demands what little you do have?
When you're so tired and almost past the point of no return in hunger mode?
When you struggle to get out of bed in the morning for that 5am workout?
When you struggle to get out of your work clothes and into the your workout clothes at the end of an extremely long day that has all but knocked you senseless?
When you're not progressing as steady as you hoped?
When everyone around you (family, friends, co-workers, etc) wants you to take part in their not so awesome habits?
When you can't seem to get to the only workout classes you actually enjoy because of (insert schedule interference here)?...

Lately, for some reason when I am about to just give into my old terrible self, Dori from Finding Nemo pops into my head and all I hear is "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming."
This has surprisingly gotten me to the next hour, meal...even day.

For those of you who are experiencing success share what's helping you through those difficult days. For those of you having a difficult day... Just Keep Swimming.

Replies

• lmataloni
    lmataloni Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Love this! Just keep swimming - so simple - yet so profound!:smile:
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It has had a bit of a side effect on me though, I really want to go swimming now but it's not quite warm enough for that yet. :bigsmile:
  • SusieDerkinsRocks
    SusieDerkinsRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What do you usually tell yourself to stay on track when you're feeling like it's just so hard to make the "tasks" into habits?

When you're short on time and everyone else demands what little you do have?
    When you're so tired and almost past the point of no return in hunger mode?
    When you struggle to get out of bed in the morning for that 5am workout?
    When you struggle to get out of your work clothes and into the your workout clothes at the end of an extremely long day that has all but knocked you senseless?
    When you're not progressing as steady as you hoped?
    When everyone around you (family, friends, co-workers, etc) wants you to take part in their not so awesome habits?
    When you can't seem to get to the only workout classes you actually enjoy because of (insert schedule interference here)?...

Lately, for some reason when I am about to just give into my old terrible self, Dori from Finding Nemo pops into my head and all I hear is "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming."
    This has surprisingly gotten me to the next hour, meal...even day.

For those of you who are experiencing success share what's helping you through those difficult days. For those of you having a difficult day... Just Keep Swimming.

Stands up and claps!!!! Right there with you!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that my life is a journey and it wasn't meant to be easy, it is full of hills and valleys and often, large bodies of water; sometimes I can tread water and other times I have to exert profound energy to continue on. There is no end to my journey or it would easy to stop and slow down. I like that " just keep swimming "
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I say that all the time!!! In fact it's in a couple of my blogs. I even have it set as my ringtone on my cell! :smile:
  • joycelreed
    joycelreed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm swimming right here beside you!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    So true!! Just keep swimming...
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I heard Dori too!!
    haha love it, so simple, so effective.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I say CURSE YOU AQUA SCUM!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been known to tell myself and others to "just keep swimming." Lol it really does help.

I actually keep myself motivated through different methods. Knowing I have a weigh-in coming up for a challenge or a contest helps. I use GymPact which helps me work out. For every day that I miss a workout, I have to pay $5, which is a big motivator. Even when I'm dead tired, I know I have get in at least a 30 minute walk or pay up. I also keep a picture of what I used to look like taped to my mirror, to remind myself of how far I've come. It helps when I'm feeling crappy about how far I have to go.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :heart: this!!!! Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Finding Nemo has been in my household I think since the movie came out. I use the "just keep swimming" all the time. As well as my kids before they go to bed or leave for school always have to do the "Fin, Noggin, Dude" that the turtles do. If I forget going out the door my 5 yr old will run after me yelling "Mommy, you forgot fin, noggin, dude." Gotta love those kids movies! LOL
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    "Just Keep Swimming."

As far as mantras goes, it digs okay.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    “If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill

I love that quote because is says it all. If you stop, you will stay in hell. Maybe it won't be quite as hard because you aren't struggling with a journey but you'll still be in hell. You have to keep going or there is no chance of seeing the other side, of being out of hell completely.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    “If you are going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill

I love that quote because is says it all. If you stop, you will stay in hell. Maybe it won't be quite as hard because you aren't struggling with a journey but you'll still be in hell. You have to keep going or there is no chance of seeing the other side, of being out of hell completely.

^^^^This^^^^ Is truly motivating. I will definitely "Keep going" because this is most definitely my own personal hell.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I and our two kids just watched "Wreck It Ralph" and I loved it when Vanellope says to Ralph, " Move Your Molasses!!!" I don't know if it's just me, but I thought that was HILARIOuS and SO appropriate for me to motivate myself on lazy/sluggish days... :)