10 in 10

Options
Anyone up for a 10 in 10 Challenge?

Starting tomorrow (3/15) - 3/25 10lbs, 10 days.

Show everyone what you got! Push hard, eat right!
Prove it to yourself. I triple dog dare you!! Winner gets bragging
Rights!! Join me!! Lets do this!!

Replies

• lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    Love the motivation ..:heart:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I predict that this thread ends up locked.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    It's doable and it's not unhealthy (at least for your first ten).

This is a modified version of losing 10 in 10 I found from a personal trainer who specializes in fat burning. She has Youtube videos and I wrote this as she talked. Ironically I read an article in a magazine the same month which basically said to do the same things: Here it is. . .

10 steps to lose 10 lbs in 10 days: I will try this and follow up with an update.

1) 8 hrs sleep

2)No diet soda or soda, just water and unsweetened tea or coffee. No liquor unless it is one glass of wine.

3)1 large glass of pure water, first thing in the morning. 1 cup of warm lemon water for detox.

4)20 min fasted cardio first thing in a.m.

5)Modified Paleo diet: Eat only foods that could be hunted or gathered (not farmed or processed) thus no potatoes, grains or corn. Add mozz cheese and beans

6)One or two fruits a day, but no more.

7)Six small meals, three hrs apart, measure portions. Your fist is your meat portion, your palm is your carb. Add a healthy fat
    such as nuts or olive oil (only 2 TBS a day)

8)Limit carbs to 20 g to begin with or at least reduce your carbs from what you're doing now.

9)Workouts should be intense short bursts of cardio mixed with resistance training.

10) Supplement with fish oil, whey protein shakes, omega 3 supps, multi-vitamin.

**Please people don't shoot me if you don't agree, I just copied what I was told. I am not doing all of the above, but it is good info to have and I am doing several of them.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So this is the Paleo diet? Thanks for posting. I wondered what it was.

Interesting. Potatoes and corn are not processed and can be gathered where I'm from. We don't gather whey protein or vitamins, though. : )

Honestly, this isn't a ton different from my diet now with MFP on my calorie goal they gave me, and I'm not losing 10 pounds a week, I can tell you that. Must be that rice crispy treat and 100 calorie popcorn holding me back. : )
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I totally indulge sometimes. You can't check out my food diary for yourself. I'm not sure if I really can lose 10 in 10. The point is to do it as healthy as you can. I want to keep my body safe. Everyone one here has/is a great support to me. I just have a competive side that needs to come out every now and then. Does this mean I won't have chocolate the next two days absolutely not! I'm not sure I can live without some kind of chocolate or sweet. I just thought a little extra kick in the pants would be good.

On that note, if you decide to join me. Please just keep it healthy and safe! Best wishes to everyone!! Looking forward to the challenge and anyone along for the ride!
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Can**** check out my food diary.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

LOL

10 grams of blow in 10 days and the wieght will fall off! You may not eat or sleep, but you're sure to deficate profusely.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Seriously. I think I'd have to stay home to spare others. LOL
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I totally indulge sometimes. You can't check out my food diary for yourself. I'm not sure if I really can lose 10 in 10. The point is to do it as healthy as you can. I want to keep my body safe.

On that note, if you decide to join me. Please just keep it healthy and safe! Best wishes to everyone!! Looking forward to the challenge and anyone along for the ride!

You are contradicting yourself - 10lbs in 10 days is NOT safe...If you have to do this, please don't invite others to join your utterly unhealthy plan?
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I want to join. Where will results be posted? I like competition too, i'm not really expecting to lose 10lbs that soon but I will work hard!
  • ajhugz
    Options

LOL

10 grams of blow in 10 days and the wieght will fall off! You may not eat or sleep, but you're sure to deficate profusely.

sounds expensive
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options

Interesting. Potatoes and corn are not processed and can be gathered where I'm from. We don't gather whey protein or vitamins, though. : )

Honestly, this isn't a ton different from my diet now with MFP on my calorie goal they gave me, and I'm not losing 10 pounds a week, I can tell you that. Must be that rice crispy treat and 100 calorie popcorn holding me back. : )

Actually, although potatoes can be gathered here as well. It is just that it is a farming product and I guess we are to avoid farming products at least for the first ten days, but I don't know why. Yet add dairy. I am far from an expert, but because I had read this a few places, I thought I would post it because it didn't seem like bad advice. No matter, it can't hurt anyone. I am going to try it and post my results, it will be interesting. BTW, it is probably the rice crispy treats and popcorn, I suppose. That is a great a great corn product though.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

yes, Should we all do the lemon detox diet? that will make me loose 10 n 10days?
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    This is a grossly unhealthy and dangerous idea.

Science lesson:
    kcal or calories are a unit of energy
    3500 calories equals 1 lb

To truly lose-lose 10 lbs in 10 days you would have to have a calorie deficit of 3500 kcal per day..

Lets say you have a BMR of 1800 kcal (This is a give or take 200 for an average sized women in a healthy weight range).

Lets say you restrict calories to 1200 kcal (lowest possible 'healthy' caloric intake).

You would have a calorie deficit of 600 calories.

Lets say you did two a days for all ten days (not suggested) burning 350 calories per workout.

You still wouldn't even come close to genuinely burning a pound per day. You would still have to find a way to burn 2000-2400 kcal to make this possible.

So NO.... You cannot genuinely lose 10 lbs in 10 days and be healthy. You can possibly stress your body enough for the scale to read 10 lbs lighter in 10 days. Most of that is water and muscle loss. And I guarentee you gain is back in less than 10 days and completely mess up your metabolism in the process..
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

LOL

sounds expensive

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

Actually, although potatoes can be gathered here as well. It is just that it is a farming product and I guess we are to avoid farming products at least for the first ten days, but I don't know why. Yet add dairy. I am far from an expert, but because I had read this a few places, I thought I would post it because it didn't seem like bad advice. No matter, it can't hurt anyone. I am going to try it and post my results, it will be interesting. BTW, it is probably the rice crispy treats and popcorn, I suppose. That is a great a great corn product though.

Paleo isn't about what you can hunt or gather now. Think of it as PRIMAL. Like if you were a caveman what food would you have access to??? Meats (free-range, hormone-free), Eggs, vegetable, fruits, etc. Think pre-agriculture.

No legumes, wheat, dairy, etc. Post-agricultural foods.

Check out Nerd Fitness or Mark's Daily Apple for a more in depth discussion on Paleo.

I personally don't 100% buy into the Primal concept but I think the foundational aspects of eating whole, unprocessed foods is forefront to health and fitness.
  • ajhugz
    Options

yes, Should we all do the lemon detox diet? that will make me loose 10 n 10days?

My friend convinced me to try that once. I bought the ingredients and that syrup went on pancakes. I only said yes because she said cayenne and I already take a tincture everyday. Its insane. You're supposed to starve, drink stuff twice a day to make you **** liquid because you're not eating solids from what I remember. She lasted 3 days, no weight loss, just headaches and hunger.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

My friend convinced me to try that once. I bought the ingredients and that syrup went on pancakes. I only said yes because she said cayenne and I already take a tincture everyday. Its insane. You're supposed to starve, drink stuff twice a day to make you **** liquid because you're not eating solids from what I remember. She lasted 3 days, no weight loss, just headaches and hunger.

ooooh know! yeah iv heard some bad bad storys about it, and iv been told you cant trust a fart!:sick:

this was a jokes guys i do not recommend the lemon detox
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Let's see what happens!