new to myfitesspal and ready to change!

Options
Hi my name is Karrie (wantachange) I chose that username because thats what I want... a change! I am 32 years old mother of 2 very active little boys.. 4 and 6! I have a loving fiancee and ready to loose weight to better myself. Please if anyone has any ideas than can help me... I am up at 5 am every morning would love to go for morning walks but mike leaves by 6 and cant leave kids alone... I usually work from 1pm to 11 pm so no time for an evening walk either... I do have a wii, an exercise ball.. and but sometimes have no energy! :cry: I have started counting calories since I have started mfp. So I need all your help!!! Thanks alot..

Replies

• Annabelle_M
    Options
    Come join our group that weighs in on Thursdays. It should be under Motivation and Support!! Good luck!!
  • borgi77
    borgi77 Posts: 61
    Options
    welcome Karrie, i think you really have to make that you time, even if it for 30 minutes a day, thats all you will need to lose weight, but your def doing well being hear lots of nice supportive people here :) and i wish you luck
  • wantachange
    Options
    Thank you!!:smile:
  • beachcrazy
    beachcrazy Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome!
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    It's not easy with kids, but like borgi77 said...just a 30 min a day will make a difference...maybe on your break at the job?

For the moment i'm a mother at home, but before I was walking on my break...It help me to change my mind and do my exercise :)
  • wantachange
    Options
    thanks to all the advise so far.... I really dont have a "break" at work.. I work at a gas station that has a deli.. (downfall) but I try to make some time for "me" time b4 kids get up... and I make doing laundery a game... the boys and I crank up the radio or fast movin cd and seperate and fold and put away every ones laundery! I try to make house cleaning fun... so the boys want to help and dont frustrate me... one more question is about breakfast... not a breakfast eater.. what should I try to eat?
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    Me too I wasn't a breakfast eater, but It's important ;).

What do you like to eat?
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the wii active and love it! You can do the 6 week challenge and have workouts that are usually no more than 30 minutes. My kids sometimes will get involved and do the routines with me!
    I honestly think that this is the one of the easiests workouts that I've ever stuck to...hope it works for you!!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • rutzybabe
    rutzybabe Posts: 8
    Options
    HI have two boys, although older than yours (16 and 10). My husband works shifts and I also work full time. I make use of the Wii and enjoy zumba twice a week whilst Jacob (my youngest) is playing Angry birds in his room! I love to dance and start of on the low intensity. I sill have two stone to lose but have lost a stone already. Myfitnesspal has been a big help as I also have diabetes and it helps me to monitor the amount of sugar to intake.

Half the battle is about enjoying your exercise and also on occasion getting the kids involved. Put some music on and dance with your boys...they'll love spending quality time with their mum!!