I need so support or help!!!

Options
Since I could remember I have always been thin and athletic, up until about 5 years ago when I started packing on the pounds. I have been on countless weight loss diets and nothing has worked. I starting using my fitness pal about a year ago and lost 20 pounds. I felt great!!! Then tragedy struck this past fall when I lost my grandmother. She was my world next to my son. I am now finally getting out of this depression state but it is hard. Unfortunately, I gained back the 20 pounds I lost. I know she wants me to be happy but it is so hard. Any ideas, tips or suggestions. Thank you.

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I had lost 44 pounds and then my brother passed away. I gain back 20 pounds and began mfp but only got really serious in October. I have lost some of the weight and only need 9 pounds to reach my 44 again and keep moving. I come on everyday even if I am not doing well. It helps to stay in touch. I don't beat myself up if I don't eat as well. I realize it is a jouney to a healthy life style and I will at times retreat to my old habits, or eat out of stress because I haven't found a better way to cope yet. The main thing is I keep coming and keep learning. I will not give up.
  • jkm1783
    jkm1783 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I know I am not the only one who has lost someone and I know people are saying it is an excuse but I barely wanted to get out of bed for months and when I did I would eat whatever was around. I know she would want me to be happy and I am going to try and look at the positive. Thank you!!!
  • countrysonshine
    Options
    tekwriter is right, you just need to keep on even when you don't feel like it. There are always going to be difficult days, but eventually those days will be easier to handle. Make sure that you are having lean protein at every meal and snack. This will help keep your insulin level steady and make you feel full for longer periods of time. If you want to eat and you feel like you just can't stop reach for the vegetables and a handful of nuts. The craving probably has to do with all the sugars and carbs you are getting. Try lowering your carbs to only 20-25 per meal/snack. Before long you will start to see the pounds drop off and you won't crave the bad foods as much.

I realize that life can get us down and make us depressed. Just remember how good you would feel to be healthy. You are worth it! Hang in there.
  • jkm1783
    jkm1783 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I am starting to feel better the more and more I get on MFP.