eating a lot of veggies and drinking water hold fluid

Hi All - Im really confused.
I have been trying to lose weight and i am sticking to 'good foods' but i find that the whole eating alot of veggies and drinking loads of water just bloats me, should i be weighing my veggies as well ?? and im drinking up to 3 litres of water a day does anyone know if thats right...or wrong ???
Im looking at competeing in sport this year and my coach has asked me to drop 5 kilos down to 56 kilos. i have 5 months to do it but i need to get those last kilos off but i still need to be strong and not starve myself
the whole eating veggies and drinking all this water is making me lose my mind i am to scared to get on the scales because of the water retention

im getting really confused

i dont know if anyone knows the answer to this or not

Replies

• lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    How long have you been doing this? And have you changed your workout routine? Usually the first week or so you can hold onto water weight
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    3l of water is a lot unless that is on your exercise days, otherwise 2l is fine + extra when exercising.
    Not sure what your definition of a lot is re vege's but I recommended a minimum of 5 servings of vege + 2 fruit each day. A serving = half cup of chopped vege's (fresh green and coloured vege's, not the starchy ones,) or one piece of fruit. A small one if its a banana, two if it's mandarin or kiwifruit etc.