Wearing a baby!

Options
Is super hard work and I do not do it every day for that reason. I have an 8 month old and tonight we went breezing through the mall to shop for my husband. He's not steady enough to sit in a stroller so I wore him in a carrier. He was heavy and heck yeah I counted calories burned with that. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Replies

• melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Haha, I hear you on that! When my littlest guy was under a year I would walk down to the school to pick my eldest up and then back up the (very steep!!!!) hill home carrying him in a pouch pack!
    Hard work!!!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I swear that's why I'm so tired all the time, wearing a 20+ lb almost 1 year old while chasing a 35 lb 2 year old who often requires being picked up and redirected. Errands are exhausting lol, more stores need double carts!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Great workout :-)
    I used to push child one in the pushchair and carry child two in a backpack to get to Playcentre. When the were a little older I put them both in a double buggy and away we went. Yes, lots of hills around me too.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Oh yeah we now shove him into a backpack (haha I don't literally mean we "shove" him but you know) and cart him around and he loves it. Once this summer heat dies down I am planning on doing the 3km round trip to school to pick up the oldest boy in the afternoons (we moved house, now further from our new school) and will either push him in the buggy or carry him in the backpack. And Mr 4 can scooter along next to us :)

I was planning on carrying him on my back in the pouch pack but really can't get the hang of it, was much easier when it was a front carry!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear ya! I have a cute Becco carrier but haven't used it much with my little wiggle-worm. She's 7mo old. I'm such a weenie and always take the stroller because it has a basket for junk. Hoping with nicer weather to use it more. By then she'll be 20+ lbs :ohwell:
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I swear that's why I'm so tired all the time, wearing a 20+ lb almost 1 year old while chasing a 35 lb 2 year old who often requires being picked up and redirected. Errands are exhausting lol, more stores need double carts!

I hear you... We have two Aldis pretty close to us, both the same distance...but we always go to the one that has double carts :) TO keep it even, I usually carry both - our 22 lb 1-year old and 27 lb 2-year old LOL We usually end up chasing both of them. Having toddlers is definitely a workout...