Goal weight: 150
Ultimate goal weight: 125

Goals I’ve met so far:

Goal # 1: 220 by February 15, 2013 - REACHED
Goal # 2: 215 by February 30, 2013 - REACHED
Goal # 3: 210 by March 15, 2013 - REACHED

Current goals:

Goal # 1: 200 by March 31, 2013
Goal # 2: 190 ~ 180 by May 15, 2013 (AKA “twenty down for the cap and gown!”)
Goal # 3: 160 by September 1, 2013
Goal # 4: 140 by December 31, 2013
Goal # 5: 120 by May 15, 2014

Replies

• fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think they seem very realistic!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Except goal 1, another 10 pounds by the end of the month is a stretch.
  • littlebre33
    littlebre33 Posts: 318
    Options
    I believe they are realistic. Just remember as you get smaller it may be a tad harder to the lbs to come off! Good Luck!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would just have one goal and then once you complete that, create a new one. I find that I make too many goals for myself and end up not completing half of them and I feel like a failure, when I really should be focused on the things I did accomplish. Just saying, you never know if something could hinder your progress (possible injury or what have you), and then you would be off track and upset. Just a suggestion. But I think you have done amazing so far :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    No way to tell. How tall are you? If you're 6'0, then no, 125 is not realistic. If you're 5'0, then it probably is.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    I really don't believe in goals like this. Not reaching a goal can be disappointing. You can't tell your body how much weight to lose by when, it's not up to you. So just stick to your plan and let whatever comes come.
    This. I am infamous for making goals and not reaching them. And not due to lack of hard work, but due to random body weirdness (ie: TOM, sore muscles retaining water, just not losing as fast as i SHOULD be (see plateau))

And I'll be honest with you, every time i DONT reach a goal, I get SUPER upset and feel like **** about myself. Granted, I set super high goals... that's kinda the person I am... LOL. But anyway, I sorta agree with this poster, it can be crazy demotivating to not reach goals... especially hard ones...

Set yourself easy goals. Things you're pretty sure you'll acheive is you MOSTLY stay on track. Give yourself a little wiggle room.

That's my 2 cents
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Goal # 2: 190 ~ 180 by May 15, 2013 (AKA “twenty down for the cap and gown!”)
    Goal # 3: 160 by September 1, 2013
    I don't think this stage is really attainable in 14 weeks - that's a 2 lb loss every week. By the time you hit 175 or so, you likely won't be losing 2 lbs a week. Instead, a 1 lb loss will be more plausible at that stage.
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options

...Hee. Um. In my defense, it's mid-term week. XD
  • juanjacobs99
    Options
    I really don't believe in goals like this. Not reaching a goal can be disappointing. You can't tell your body how much weight to lose by when, it's not up to you. So just stick to your plan and let whatever comes come.

Agree here. Set a goal of what you want to reach and thats it.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd be concerned about the 160 / 140 goals....only because it's easier to drop fast at first then your body tends to slow down and it doesn't vanish as fast. Also, you need to consider other goals....do you want to not just drop fat but also add muscle? Cardio fitness? I would say you may want to mix it up a bit and add some goals involving activities so that you're not just looking at numbers.