Netflix Hidden Gems

Options

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Nerd alert: I watch pretty much all the documentaries on netflix and if you dog deep enough, you'll find some good ones..sorry no specifics right now, maybe later
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Big Bad Wolf.

It's a classic gem. For terrible horror movie night. Seriously. I have one of those nights at least once a month. This one had me rolling.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Beer Wars is a fairly worthwhile flick if you're a homebrewer or an interested consumer.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Bump to make a list. Thanks!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Jealous... Canadian netflix sucks :explode:

unblock.us

Five extra bucks a month... You can even switch to Denmark netflix if you want haha
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can check some of these out.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Also - May (horror) and Temple Grandin, Eagle VS Shark (love comedy), and Tell Me You Love Me (season 1, canceled HBO series)
    may is a great one
  • jenny95662
    Options
    There are alot that I have loved: I only have Netflix and Hulu..... so I have searched through the movies and found lots of gems

Fingerprints (scary, suspense) as so worth the watch...
    Lost Girl (series)
    Doctor Who... of course
    Supernatural (series)
    Case 39 (scary)... and so good.. has Renée Zellweger in it!
    Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog..... awesome
    The Tooth Fairy (scary)
    Ramen Girl
    Grave Encounters 1 and Grave Encounter 2.. both great
    Sling Blade
    The Cider House Rules
    Serenity
    The Gift
    half light
    Apartment 143
    The Ward.... has a great twist...
    The New Daughter
    Rosewood Lane
    Yellow Brick Road
    The Moth Diaries
    The Hole

lots of great ones
  • jenny95662
    Options
    IDK how off the beaten path it is but

Ten Inch Hero - is good

The Killer Inside Me - Super good, took me by surprise
    Thankskilling
    Alice In Murderland - it is terrible but so good in a terrible way (I have a thing for bad movies though lol)
    Ahh Zombies

if I were at home I would have a bigger list.

just watched 10 inch hero great movie

i enjoyed signals and doghouse...i watch so many its hard to remember lol i watch mostly horror or thriller
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    Revolver. Limitless.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love "Listen to your Heart". It's a cheesy chickish flick about a dude who falls for a deaf girl but it's really good.

Another thing I miss watching was a documentary called "Life In A Day" God, that was such a great film but they took it off. If you ever get a chance to watch it, I HIGHLY recommend it.

EDIT: I just checked for "Life In A Day" and they put it back on the instant queue. Ohmygoodness, best news all week! Go watch it now!!!!!!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Just finished watching The Perfect Host per many people's suggestion on this thread. I'm glad I did! That was a fantastic movie. Definitely had some parts that threw me for a loop and kept me guessing!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

The Tooth Fairy (scary)
    I watched this movie at a friends house in 7th grade and I was terrified and had to walk home in the dark. My sister told me that I still had baby teeth in the back of my mouth that I thought I needed to lose but you don't. But anyway, I sprinted from street light to street light the 2 miles home :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Needless to say, I made pretty good time lol
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I watched a movie called Compliance last night. It was an alright movie and I guess got a lot of acclaim when it came out. It's really uncomfortable to watch though, especially knowing it's based on actual events.
  • napkinpoem
    Options
    Mona Lisa Smile! Love that movie. It also has Good Will Hunting, Captain America, Thor...