Whats your story and goals?

Options
I will be 18 in June and this will probably be my last summer to just have fun so I want to look good for it! I was always kinda chunky but the summer before I went into high school, I became very active and lost some weight. I was at my lowest known weight, 128 lbs, 5'4 right before I started 9th grade. Thats a "normal" size. I thought I looked pretty dang good and thought I was hot stuff. I never realized I was gaining weight until one day I noticed I had stretch marks everywhere; stomach, sides, under arms, back of my knees. They werent there and just one day they were, I was pretty disgusted and devistated with myself. This was the end of my 11th grade year and I weighed myself coming out at 188 lbs. I couldnt believe I had gained that much weight. I got a gym membership in May 2012 at Planet Fitness and started eatting some what better. Right before Thanksgiving I was 156 lbs and thought I was doing good. Well the holidays threw me for a spin and I stopped working out and started eatting a TON of the awesome holiday foods. After new years I realized I had gained some weight back and realized I needed to get it together. I was back to 165 lbs. It was hit and miss for weeks on dieting and exercise. In the last month, I have finally gotten myself back on track. I work out at least 5 days a week for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours per day. I eat 1200 calories a day/ or what is needed after burning all my calories. My diet style is natural. I do not eat bready carby stuff. I eat only natural good foods, nothing extremely processed. I do classes at my new gym Lady Super Fitness which include Cardio Kick Boxing, Yoga, and much more. I also do cardio on the eliptical and stationary bike machines. I do core exercises and lift weights for muscle toning. So far its working out great. Im really motivated, and the gym and eatting healthy has become an addiction and I love it. Im so excited to be hot this summer!

Im looking for friends on here to motivate me and show support and Im willing to do the same for others! Add me!

Im 5'4
Highest weight: 188 lbs
Current weight: 155 lbs
Lowest weight: 128 lbs
Goal weight 1: 140 lbs (by April 25th for senior photos!)
Ultimate Goal weight: 120 lbs (by my birthday, June 4th)

Largest Pants Size: 17
Current Pants Size: 13
Smallest Pants Size: 3/5 Depending on the pants
Goal Pants Size: At least 5, but Id like to get to 3. Thatd be great.

Lets do this!

Replies

• fungaaron9880
    Options
    welcome! always good to see people making healthy lifestyle choices :D. Best of luck towards your goal!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) We're the same height! I've always been about 20 lbs overweight, but I put on even more after being in the UK for a year and starting work after I returned home :) Finally decided to do something about it, and signed up with a gym in Oct 2012, found MFP and now here I am ~ about 5 months later and 30 lbs lighter :D I'm aiming for somewhere between 125 and 135 lbs, depending on how I feel as I go along! :D
  • saranl3293
    saranl3293 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey thats great! Ive lost 32 lbs so far, Im almost halfway there. I need to lose 36 more lbs to be at my goal and Im gonna do it. Im so motivated this time, probably because its so close to summer but I feel like nothing can stop me now. Going to the gym has become like an addiction and I love going there. My problem is food, I love food. Especially the bready carby stuff that Im not eatting right now. What keeps me away from it is I physically and mentally feel bad after I eat it. So when ever I think about eatting it, I just remember the sluggish, tired feelings I'll get afterwards and how bad Ill feel that I broke my diet. Keeps me from doing it.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey thats great! Ive lost 32 lbs so far, Im almost halfway there. I need to lose 36 more lbs to be at my goal and Im gonna do it. Im so motivated this time, probably because its so close to summer but I feel like nothing can stop me now. Going to the gym has become like an addiction and I love going there. My problem is food, I love food. Especially the bready carby stuff that Im not eatting right now. What keeps me away from it is I physically and mentally feel bad after I eat it. So when ever I think about eatting it, I just remember the sluggish, tired feelings I'll get afterwards and how bad Ill feel that I broke my diet. Keeps me from doing it.

Oh I love carbs too ^_^ I just try and eat it in moderation, to fit the macro percentages I've set for myself. I usually have the bread / rice / pasta in the day, and then try and go for more protein at night ^_^
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I wish sometimes I had a good excuse for the reason my weight has gotten the way it has.
    I had a baby ... oh almost 7 years ago... and can't say that I gained the weight there.
    Matter of fact, I weighed almost 30 pounds less 6 weeks after she was born than I had prepregnancy. Pregnancy was good to me. I was at a perfect, healthy weight at my 6 week check up. It is after this that it went downhill and super super slowly too. At about the rate of 3/4 of a pound per month, I gained and gained. I foolishly bought clothing another size up, another size up and yet another awful size up.
    I am now to the point where I am unhealthy, I can't even run 500 feet without dying and am beginning to have physical health problems due to carrying the extra weight. I don't know why I let myself do this to myself and I am sick of it.
    I have NOBODY to blame it on but ME. I am lazy and love food.

Starting Weight: 205 lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs (no, I don't want to be a toothpick)
    Current Weight: 193 lbs

So far MyFitnessPal has helped me take off 12 lbs and I really want to keep going. I would love some friends as motivation, if anyone wants ....
  • saranl3293
    saranl3293 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Im not sure how I let myself get like that either but Im happy with the direction im going in now. Ive realized a lot is mind over matter, you just have to make yourself do it. Im much happier now than I was last year at this time, and what keeps me going is I know itll get even better from here. :) Any one can do it! Its a lot of self finding and you learn about yourself in the process, but its also nice to have those people there to cheer you on. Ill cheer you on!
  • Polymorphist
    Options
    I just joined yesterday. My post might be a bit long as I explain my current condition and my goals.

I'm 41, male, 5' 9'' and was one of those people who never had a weight or body fat problem. I was fit in my 20's and ran long distances throughout my 30's but slowed down to about nothing around the age of 37 or so. My weight was always around 160-165 lbs. A couple years ago I went over 200 lbs and it just kept going. I started a vigorous program of strength training about a year ago and ended up lifting some heavy weights. My body weight zoomed up to 225 lbs. I enjoyed being strong and noticed some changes in my general shape, however I still had my body fat to deal with. I started doing HIIT cardio again (jump rope is my favorite) and am laying-off of the weights for a few weeks while I get that started. I also started krav maga courses last summer but stopped to concentrate on strength training. This spring i'd like to start krav maga courses again and the HIIT training will definitely help that. Last summer I could barely get through a full hour of krav - lots of running around the block, punches, kicks, burpees, push-ups without any long breaks...reminded me of basic training in the Army but much more intense (or perhaps I was just younger then, LOL).

I also took up the sport of hang gliding last year so body weight can be an important factor. It's also murder walking up those hills with a 60 lbs glider when out of cardiovascular condition. I've noticed that most hang glider pilots are very HWP and also tend to lead very active lifestyles, and the kicker is that most HG pilots are actually middle-age and older and have been around the sport for decades. I'd like to at least be able to keep up with them and not have to buy a bigger, more expensive glider just because of my weight.

So i'm trying to get my weight down below 200 lbs or at least get my body fat content down significantly lower. I'd like to continue to be strong yet be fit from a cardiovascular perspective so that I can continue to enjoy both krav maga and hang gliding. My target weight will probably be 195 or perhaps 190, but really right now I need to drop 16 lbs to get to 200 - that's my first goal.