Need of a serious motivation !! New to MFP !!

Options
Good Evening,

My name is Sarah, im 28 and am in serious need of some motivation and encouragement. I have had a problem all my life with weight, and just now find its time to be serious and lose it.

Have a wonderful hubby who is very helpful and encouraging as he too is on the healthy lifestyle and we are wanting to start a family too.

Hope to talk and make loads of new friends here xx

Replies

• hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello hun you have definately come to the right place. I am loving it here.
    I love the inspiration from the other members. Lets go all the way I say. :flowerforyou:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Sarah, welcome to MFP. You will definitely find friends and support here. It's a great place to be. Good luck to you!
    P.S. Sent a friend request.
  • bcrist
    bcrist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new lifestyle. I in the same boat as you. Weight has always been a problem but I decided its time to do something about it. I can't let it just go as it is. My wonderful husband and I are on the healthy track trying to get things straight in order to start a family. I've been at this site for about 3weeks and absolutly love it. Keeping track of the calorie intake is the best way to be held accountable for what goes in you mouth. Just keep your goals at the forefront and keep it up. Good LUCK!!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! This site is perfect for motivation and learning!!
  • sarahgallienne81
    Options
    Thank you all, have accepted all friend requests.

Good luck to everyone, and "bcrist", good luck with the family planning xx
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You've definitely came to the right place! We'll do it together.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You don't need motivation.. You just have to want all this bad enough.. And you will get there, just keep going.. 60 lbs ago I was ready to think that that was how my life was "supposed" to be.. I was diagnosed with high triglycerides 3 years ago.. I struggled with weight forever.. I have a twin sister that has never had a problem with weight.. I thought I was just gonna have to be the "chubby" twin forever, but I changed forever..

I recently did a full blown blood test and everything came out normal.. I was in shock.. I think that was the best part out of all this.. I was giving myself health, a new life... That's all the motivation I needed.. I just started running 3 months ago.. That was also something I told myself I would never be able to do.. Now I'm runnin LAPS baby!! No pain in my knees, no pain in my back.. Just the strength to keep going running through my veins.. Keep going.. You have to believe that you're worth it.. It sounds like your husband thinks your worth it..
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    welcome!! & i've sent a friend request! :smile:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :drinker:
  • Rojas76
    Rojas76 Posts: 2
    Options
    We can motivate each other! :) I need a pick me up too. I am trying hard to get back on the bandwagon. I need to get healthier.
  • sarahgallienne81
    Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests, heres to slimmer us !!

Sarah xx
  • fallongm_85
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck:happy:
  • RogerWillis
    Options
    Hello and welcome to myFitnessPal!

As everyone else has said, this is a great place for encouragement! Let's do this!!!

-roger
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    Hi hun,
    I am new to mfp as well. I am here to get myself back. This is the support I needed. It's my new addiction. Goodluck to you!!!! I hope we can all keep eachother motivated!!:flowerforyou:
  • GilbertVerdugo
    Options
    Hello, everybody is right; MFP is terrific. It is the easiest site to use and there is tons of support. I know exactly where you're coming from as far as motivation goes, I was completely de-motivated a couple of months ago. Once I was ready to start losing weight I needed some serious motivation and I'd like to recommended a book that helped me a lot: Get Motivated! by Tamara Lowe. One thing she says is that we are all motivated but most of the time it is just for the wrong things! When you can see that and then choose for yourself what you will be motivated by the battle is half over. Good luck! (Wow, I said "motivated" a lot!)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the Newbies!
    There are Angels among you!