Hey... I'm a newbie. :)

Options
Hey Everyone,

My name is Mary and I am a 27 year old mother of 3 kiddos. I was born and raised in sunny California. I am married to a great guy who I have been with for 12 years (we are high school sweethearts) and we had our 10 year anniversary last August.

So, the reason I joined this site I'm sure is the same reason why everyone else has joined, to get healthy! :) I was tall and slim for the majority of my life, my height is 5'7" and I weighed between 120 and 125. After my first daughter, I had gained 60lbs, but by the time she was 2 months I was back to 125. I had my gall bladder removed and was warned about the weight gain that could follow if I wasn't careful. I clearly did not take the advice I was given, or else I would not be here. lol

I had my second daughter 2 yrs after my first and my last ob weigh in was 185... I quickly lost that weight as well and went down to 140 lbs. Here's where it gets crazy; There was a 5 year gap between my youngest daughter and my son. During the 5 years, I gained a TON of weight. I topped out at 216!!! I finally started to work out and I lost about 30 lbs, then stopped, so I pretty much stayed at that weight until after the birth of my son. I nursed my son, so I weighed about 180, that was 35lbs down from the last pregnancy weigh in.

Three years passed and I found myself weighing 212lbs, I was back in the 200's, again. I was sooo sick of my fluctuating weight, so I started doing 4.5 miles on the elliptical, 5 days a week. I weighed 212lbs in August 2011 and by Halloween, October 2011, I weighed 170 lbs. I completely changed my eating habits, did a lot of cardio and strength training, so it had definitely paid off. By November 2011, I started slacking with the holidays coming and my family and I were going out of state quite a bit, so it became hard to keep my routine. By the end of the holidays, the gym was not even in my mind anymore...

So here I am , in the 200's, AGAIN! (Ughhhh) I weighed myself in January of this year and I weighed 206. :( I joined MFP at that time, but I never used it, nor did I start exercising. On February 22nd, I was ready to change. I started doing a 4.8 mile walk, and eating clean. I'm done having kids and I'm working towards my BSN. So, there is really no excuse as to why I should be overweight, plus I want to be a trauma nurse, and being overweight would make that tough.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• fungaaron9880
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!, Congrats on your 10 year anni :D

We are all here with simillar goals, and I think first step is always key!. Plus the awesome people on here will keep you motivated and are extremely supportive!

Best of luck on your journey towards your goal :D
  • VientGirl02
    VientGirl02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I agree, seeing others motivated keeps me motivated.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Good luck
    feel free to add me
  • VientGirl02
    Options
    Cool, Thanks. I will.

Anyone who would like to add me can do so... I don't mind and I don't bite! haha
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome I'm a newbie of 3 days but I have found this site very supporting in a lot of ways. Good luck! :) you can add me too.
  • cluthab
    cluthab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think mothers have the hardest job, gaining all the weight during pregnancy and then being stressed out bringing up the wee ones.
    On the plus side the mother-child bond is something only they will have.

Good luck to you, you deserve some me time!
  • VientGirl02
    Options
    Welcome I'm a newbie of 3 days but I have found this site very supporting in a lot of ways. Good luck! :) you can add me too.

I love MFP! I have been using it religiously for 3 weeks on Saturday. It keeps me in check and on track. :) I added you :)
  • VientGirl02
    Options
    I think mothers have the hardest job, gaining all the weight during pregnancy and then being stressed out bringing up the wee ones.
    On the plus side the mother-child bond is something only they will have.

Good luck to you, you deserve some me time!

I had my first daughter when I was 16, so I have dedicated myself to them consistently and full-heartedly... my kiddos will be 12 soon, and my middle 9 and youngest 5, within the next few months. My youngest has become very independent so I now have a chance to go give myself some me time. :) Plus, the hubby loves the fact that our son isn't so needy when I leave our son with him for my workouts. lol
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you with your weight loss goals and your educational goals. I am a nurse (Orthopedics and Oncology), and remember all too well the struggles I had while working on my BSN. You serve yourself well to begin this process while you are in school. I gained a lot of weight while I was going through school (25 yrs ago), and unfortunately there weren't the tools available to me then that there are now. I am a faithful logger daily, and it's been a tremendous help. I had WLS in November. Feel free to add me.
  • VientGirl02
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to you with your weight loss goals and your educational goals. I am a nurse (Orthopedics and Oncology), and remember all too well the struggles I had while working on my BSN. You serve yourself well to begin this process while you are in school. I gained a lot of weight while I was going through school (25 yrs ago), and unfortunately there weren't the tools available to me then that there are now. I am a faithful logger daily, and it's been a tremendous help. I had WLS in November. Feel free to add me.

Ohhh, it is definitely a struggle. I am a full time student, and fitness enthusiast. lol I have about 2 semesters left before I apply to nursing schools. :) I am going straight for my BSN. After my getting my BSN and working as an RN, I want to become a CRNA... I know it'll be tough, but completely worth it. I constantly tell my husband that once I am established in my career, it'll be my turn to take care of him, he definitely needs a break.

Congrats on your WLS. My mother had the lap band procedure done, but her body rejected it and it had to be removed. I had such high hopes for her because people have great results after, as I am sure you will. Good luck on your journey to better health.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    If you want to expand your network on here then feel free to add me :smile:
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've sent u a request :-)
  • RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Hope you get tons of support here!
  • shanebovee
    shanebovee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, I love this site with tracking my food and exercise. It has a very nice database and these message boards are good inspiration opportunities - you can do it! :)
  • MsQuacklady
    Options
    Welcome !!! We are all here to support you !!! Add me as well ! Looking forward to losing together !
  • jaymartin1978
    jaymartin1978 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I like your introduction...welcome to MFP :)...that hard work will get you where you wanna be :)
  • lizziegray3
    Options
    Hello everyone I am lizzie and i m new here. Well I was trying to find some good tips for weight loss. So i found this forum to helpful for me. Hope guys it will be a great time with you and I will get much knowledge about how to lose weight. Thanks...
  • VientGirl02
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's responses... Can't wait to see where everyone is by the end of the year! :)