Have you lost a lot? I need your advice!

Options
Hi, I have lost over 8 stone (112lb or 51kg) in the last 12 months and am now finding myself looking at my face (on the left in these pics) and wondering if I need to put a stone (14lb) back on - the pic in the right is heavier but I look so much healthier in my opinion. I still want to lose another stone over this next year and I have been (heavy) lifting throughout my weightloss and eating clean(er) to enable me to hit the gym six days a week.

I am not seeking compliments or praise, I know my body in the left is better but I am interested in people who have lost a huge amount of weight can tell me if my face (and skin in general) will "catch up" and settle down so I once again look healthy and not drawn, older and haggard which is how I feel now??

It is a real issue for me right now, it seems that I have to compromise a healthy fuller face for a healthy slimmer body? I can't believe I am asking this, I thought I would be happy however I looked once losing this massive amount, I also knew I would have to go through a "looking rough" stage, but I don't like it and wondered if it will settle down? Your comments about your own experience is appreciated.

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Don't think your face in the pic to the left looks drawn, so I wouldn't go try and gain weight. Also, how would you know if any of it would go back to your face. Might just end up somewhere else.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yep, I had thought of that! Never comes off/goes on where we want it to does it? :sad:
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I wouldn't describe you as rough. I've lost what you've lost and more, but I don't carry much weight in my face. What I can tell you is that when it does come back it often comes back somewhere you don't want... I used to be a pear shape and despite putting back on a bum's worth of fat, it's settled on my stomach instead. Depressing. You look really good and not "for your age".
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    no, I don't think you need to add on any weight. I think you look beautiful! (in both pics, mind you)
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think you look *fantastic*, and not old or drawn looking at all. Perhaps you just need to get used to your new face?
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would give it time... many people have that problem (where they become too thin in certain places, for me its my wrists and ribs... but I am at 27% body fat still). Over time your body supposedly "readjusts" to the weight loss and the fat distributes a little bit more evenly. I say supposedly because I haven't fact checked this myself. I will say that over the past couple months my body has changed, but my overall weight has stayed the same. So for me personally,I am waiting to see what my body will do naturally over the next year before I worry about gaining/losing again.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps, that is helping me feel a bit better! Patience woman, patience!!!