blender

Options
I wasn't sure where else to post this so Im sorry if Im in the wrong place, but what kind of blender do you have? Im looking for one to do smoothies/crush ice/frozen fruit and the cheapo one i just bought leaves huge chunks and is just crap. I need a cheaper one as finances are tight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Misha6
    Misha6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got the GE version of the Magic Bullet at Walmart for $20. I don't use ice, I use frozen fruit but it works amazing and it is convenient to make single servings as I don't want a huge amount. I use mixed tropical fruit a little vanilla yogurt a spoon of OJ concentrate a scoop of vanilla protein powder and milk to fill.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Ninja.

Wait for it to go on sale if you can't afford it at full price.

Unfortunately, it isn't considered a "cheapo" and here's the lesson I learned about blenders and really it applies to almost everything: if you buy the cheapest, you're going to pay more in the long run than if you had bought medium or higher quality from the start.

RIP Hamilton Beach WaveAction Blender. You were taken before your time. Nobody should have to bury their blender at only 4 months... :'(
  • getting__healthy
    Options
    Magic Bullet forever. It's small enough to bring away with you too!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ninja blender, worth every penny.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Ninja blender, all the way! And, yes, I do see the humor in an Asian with a Ninja Blender! :wink:
  • lisabundy5
    Options
    Ninja.

On sale at Costco this month for $99
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok, is there a certain version of the ninja (i see a few models) that's better or is it just the ninja brand that's good?
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lol bacon! Mine was the Hamilton beach single serve personal blender. Doesn't work for squat
  • BaconMD
    Options
    Lol bacon! Mine was the Hamilton beach single serve personal blender. Doesn't work for squat
    When mine died, I asked around and was told Ninja. I even mentioned to my chiropractor that I was going blender shopping after my adjustment and he said, "Ninja." He said he's had his for about 5 years and used to go through a blender or two a year before that.

I looked at reviews and saw that the plain one (Ninja Professional I think?) had the best reviews and cost the least ($99, I think it was $69 or $79 on sale at Canadian Tire). I don't know what else has come out since, but there was a set that cost almost double and had a few sizes. I like mine a lot, but I would like a second pitcher that was smaller, but I can live without it.

I know a lot of people like their Magic Bullets, but my friend got one and it died on her while making hummus. It was still pretty new, used only a few times. Could be just a bad one out of the lot, I dunno. Look up reviews on Amazon maybe.
  • jessbixl
    jessbixl Posts: 34
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, get the NINJA! I personally own one and it's awesome at making smoothies!! =D
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja as well.. It's the $40 from Walmart and it's great! It comes with a large and single sized pitchers as well
  • BaconMD
    Options
    Too bad you aren't in Canada, but for anyone who is and might be in the market - Canadian Tire has the Ninja Professional for $69.99 (regular $99.99) starting Friday. I paid the full price and don't regret it. It's the one with the knob and not the buttons.

There's also a smaller-looking device, the Ninja Master Prep Pro, on sale for $39.99... I'm interested in knowing more about this for making smaller amounts of things like spreads or dips... And I also see another Canadian Tire flyer that lists another Ninja Pro Blender on sale for $99.99, and it includes some single-serve cups.

Anyhow, I don't work for Canadian Tire or anything like that, I just looked through my flyers and saw them listed. Thought I'd share in this thread.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja too!!! Do you have a Bed Bath and Beyond around you? If you sign up for emails on their website they will send you a coupon for 20% off an in store purchase (got mine within minutes of doing so). The retail price was $129.99 and I ended up paying $110 after the discount plus taxes.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja blender/food processor combo Master Prep.