Tips For Drinking More Aqua

Options
elyse0210
elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html

I hate drinking water. I've always know how important it is to drink at least 8 cups of water per day, but could never seem to do it. Before I joined MFP and started my prednisone I hardly drank anything. I've increased the amount of water I drink but still can't seem to hit the 8 glass mark. I drink 6 maybe 7 at most and even that is a challenge for me. I came across these tips and I hope they will help not only me but others. :)

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you that was a good find and very interesting read!
  • wilkypoo
    wilkypoo Posts: 52
    Options
    Wow!! Very eye-opening.... just what I needed to read too, since I struggle to get my 8 glasses a day.

Thanks for posting.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS ONE!

17. Bring a two-liter bottle of water to work and try to drink it all before you leave work. If you don't finish, drink it in traffic on the way home - it's like a race.

I do this, usually:)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I'm always so thirsty but really struggle to get my water in. In fact, it's almost 4pm and I've only had 2 cups of coffee and a diet soda today...EEEK! Off to start drowning myself in water!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post
  • alayawyndham
    Options
    I'm a fish, and absolutely LOVE water, and drink way more than 8 glasses a day - but here are a couple things I do to keep it interesting:

1. Put the equivalent of 2 whole (organic) lemons chopped up in my Nalgene bottle (32oz) each day. I use one for the first half of the day, one for the second. It makes the water taste good, and the lemon juice naturally increases your body's ability to lose water retention. So, it makes you less bloated, and therefore you look and feel better. You can do this with any fruit, strawberries are good, limes, cucumber, etc. It really makes the water more interesting and refreshing, plus you'll be getting that fruit serving in.

2. Bubbly water!!! I am completely obsessed! I like plain, but they make a lot of flavors, with no sugar. It's a no calorie way to make water more exciting. It might help if you like soda but don't want to drink it, because it still has that refreshing carbonation... and I've found that it's great if you have an upset stomach, too.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that tip. When I'm at home I use lemon or lime slices and put them in my water bottle. I will definately try the strawberries or cucumbers. I usually use a crystal light packet but only limit myself to one a day since they do have calories and those too can get really boring after a while.