over 40 loose skin

Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
anyone over 40 loose a bunch of weight without alot of loose skin ,and what tips can you give..thanks

Replies

• notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kind of worried about that. When I'm done, I will have lost nearly 200 pounds (over half my body weight). 33 here. Don't know what to expect. May want to talk to a doctor. Some need the excess skin removed through surgery.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    I've lost over 200 pounds but pushed myself and most of the skin is tightened. Still a lot to go. Notenoughspeed has seen my pics. It just takes a lot of work and I still may eventually need to have surgery..
  • bushokie
    Options
    Thanks
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I lost 183 pounds and am 45. I do ahve excess skin but i think when you consider how much I lost its not too bad. Ive posted a before and after pic of my arms to give u a idea. The before pic i am in the orange top

cotfest_zpsc21f891d.jpg

13759594_3991_zps643ae3d0.jpg

kazz :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Loose skin means nothing! What should matter is how much healthier you are now, the other in nothing in comparison!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do. Genetics determines most of it. Just keep getting healthier.

I had tons of loose skin. Some people learn to live with it, but mentally I could not handle it. I found a way to get the plastic surgery I needed to feel whole again. Now life is good.
  • bushokie
    Options
    thank you
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and lost 200 pounds over nearly 2 years. I consider myself to have some excess skin and was expecting a lot more. I can handle what there is on my thighs and upper arms but still would like it tighten more on my stomach.

I make sure I drink enough water to keep the skin hydrated.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    'course you can always bulk up your arms, back & pecs to help fill your skin.
  • cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and have some excess skin- mine is from having a very large baby-
    so its just in the belly- area, I have gone to 3 Dr's and they all told me that I need plastic surgery to remove the excess skin,

if you find anything that helps let us know

congrats on the weight loss!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Lost 90 pounds...I'm 48 years old. I have extra skin on my arms and belly. Arms don't bother me so much...but my belly does. I've heard it takes a while for your skin to shrink. I'm going to give it a year or two...then I'm going to see. If it is still like this...I'm going to find a way to have a tummy tuck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!