where to buy my bike

Options
I got a lot of good feedback when I posted about buying a bike, so I was wondering if you could tell me where you got yours and how you like it.

A few weeks ago I found this adorable schwinn mountain bike (alpine I think was the model), it was the perfect size for me (I'm short) and it was on sale at Meijer from $150.00 ish to $80.00. I was still iffy about it because I haven't ridden in years and I wasn't positive my boyfriend was going to buy one as well because I would love to find a healthy fun way to spend time together. Plus the mens bike in that model was sold out, so I decided to wait.

I could kick myself because it is no longer there and all of the other bikes are about the price that this one was originally. I've found a couple at Wal-mart that are OK, but I don't love them. I've never heard of the brand (the brand or model is NEXT????) and they have this weird look.....the bar under the seat doesn't extend all the way down, so the seat looks like it is hanging. They are in the price range that I want (80 ish) so I'll get it if I have to, but it looks weird, like it's broken.

I'm guessing the cheap Schwinn was being discontinued or something because I am quite certain it is a good brand and that is a great price. I would really like to stay in that price range since money is kind of tight right now. Can anyone recommend anything I haven't thought of yet (besides target, walmart and meijer) for inexpensive bikes but are still of pretty good quality?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of good feedback when I posted about buying a bike, so I was wondering if you could tell me where you got yours and how you like it.

A few weeks ago I found this adorable schwinn mountain bike (alpine I think was the model), it was the perfect size for me (I'm short) and it was on sale at Meijer from $150.00 ish to $80.00. I was still iffy about it because I haven't ridden in years and I wasn't positive my boyfriend was going to buy one as well because I would love to find a healthy fun way to spend time together. Plus the mens bike in that model was sold out, so I decided to wait.

I could kick myself because it is no longer there and all of the other bikes are about the price that this one was originally. I've found a couple at Wal-mart that are OK, but I don't love them. I've never heard of the brand (the brand or model is NEXT????) and they have this weird look.....the bar under the seat doesn't extend all the way down, so the seat looks like it is hanging. They are in the price range that I want (80 ish) so I'll get it if I have to, but it looks weird, like it's broken.

I'm guessing the cheap Schwinn was being discontinued or something because I am quite certain it is a good brand and that is a great price. I would really like to stay in that price range since money is kind of tight right now. Can anyone recommend anything I haven't thought of yet (besides target, walmart and meijer) for inexpensive bikes but are still of pretty good quality?
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    I bought my bike at Wal Mart and it is a Next brand. If you are not a serious avid biker I would say it is worth the money. I enjoy riding mine. I did buy a bigger seat because the one that comes with it is very uncomfortable. Other than that it is a very good bike. I have done a 14 mile ride with it and have not had any problem. You may want to check Academy as well if you have one in your area.