Newbies first week.

hi folks this is nearly my first week on this site's. Sooo glad I found it. Can't believe how in such a short time my mind set towards food has changed. Who would have thought that just writing down my food intake would put the brakes on my snacking habit. I lost two stone a couple of years ago for a wedding and felt great so I know I can do it. ,but have put all but 9 pounds back on. It would be fab to get some friends who are positive about losing the weight to keep me on track. I've tried running but now I have back problems,so any suggestions what I can replace it with. Look forward to the banter.

Replies

• microscrubbers
    microscrubbers Posts: 22 Member
    You're right, this site is awesome. I joined back in November but haven fallen off the wagon and have only been back since the middle of February, so I am back to being 'NEW' also. I too used to run like a gazelle until my back started giving me trouble. I just toned it down a bit, and did more treadmill (for the cushion support), started swimming, and keeping track of calories seems to be working for me. I think we all know how to lose weight it's just the motivation, commitment and talks with other people other than immediate family that seems to work.......
  • shellplen
    shellplen Posts: 31
    I'm thinking of joining the local gym, my reason, if I'm paying for it I'll use it. Not that I'm a skinflint, well maybe a wee bit. The treadmill is a good idea, as it was road running that was going for my back and knees.
  • Sheltie4me
    Sheltie4me Posts: 21 Member
    Hi this is my first real week . I have halfheartedly tried in the past but didn't stick with the site. I hate counting points so decided to try calories instead which leads me to the question MFP gives me 1200 cal a day is this enough ? i am 196 5ft 6 help ? my diary is open i try to walk on treadmill everyday 45 min at 3.5 miles an hr and take the dog for a hour walk every day . Starting weight training next week . Sorry if i am rattling on
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Be happy to help. I'm closing in on 400 days of MFP, reached my goal losing 29 kg (63 lbs, 4 st 7 lbs) after 243 days and have been maintaining ever since. I've always been a fan of the elliptical, good workout - zero impact on joints. Friend request sent.
  • shellplen
    shellplen Posts: 31
    I Might sound
    a bit thick but what is the elliptical, sounds intriguing.