Protein How Do I love Thee

Options
Hi Guys and Gals, I was wondering about Protein MFP gives me 48 grams of protein but no matter how hard I try I seem to always go over this amount. Is this necessary Bad? I go over anywhere between 5 -20 grams? What is the bad part of going over?

Replies

• Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always, always go way over the protein numbers MFP gives me. However, I'm not necessarily following the MFP diet plan, I am doing a higher protein, lower carb food plan. My BF/personal trainer has set up my food plan for me. I cannot complain since I have lost almost 5 pounds since doing things his way. I have mini-meals every 2-3hrs that consist of 2-4oz of lean protein and then whatever and however much of what I want of veggies and fruits. I think the MFP number is more like a suggestion rather than a limit. :) I think that you should do whatever is comfortable for you. I don't mind eating this way at all. I am never hungry anymore and I have only had a few moments of "cravings" for other things.

Good luck :)
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am constantly going over on my protein as well. I used to think it was a bad thing, but I figured if I'm under on my calories, fat, sodium etc then there shouldn't be any problem. I know protein is good for me so as long as I'm not going over it by too much I don't worry. Eating more protein also keeps me fuller throughout the day. Hope some of this helps :)
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!!!!
  • Biggest_Loser
    Options
    I should start by saing that I am a banded patient (WLS), protein is a staple in my diet but I'm under doctors orders.

That being said, I go WAY over MFP's recommendations. I average 80-90 grams a day. Doctor's orders are 60-90.