If every day were like today...You'd weigh XXX.X lbs in 5 w

Options
2»

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I record these every day in the notes section of my food diary, and I've gone back to look a couple of times. So far I'm ahead of schedule, according to that message. :)

I do the same. Copy and paste that message into my edit notes section of the food diary and then check again later and it actually has worked and has been on schedule. I love it!

What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I record these every day in the notes section of my food diary, and I've gone back to look a couple of times. So far I'm ahead of schedule, according to that message. :)

that is a great idea!!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've never checked to see if it's accurate or not but maybe I'll give it a try. I do notice it though and see it as a good form of motivation.
  • Biggest_Loser
    Options
    That's funny - I was just wondering this today. Good to know that it's been close for many of you!!! It's definitely a great motivator. I look at that number and think "OMG, to actually see that on a scale would just about make my year!"
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    1285699.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i dont even pay attention as it changes every day according to the calories ive eaten, i doesn't work that way.
    :angry:
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    1285699.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sorry, I was testing my tracker. I put the "if everyday were like today" number in my notes, just to see what will happen.

Cheers
    Emme
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    writing it down is a good idea. I haven't been here that long, so I don't know how close it is.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that when i hit complete and get the notice... then hit "make additional notes" do not really change anything but when i hit again the number is much much lower... wonder why that is..
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It is way off for me, but that's because I'm insulin resistant.
    It usually says "you would weigh 13X.X pounds in 5 weeks".
    It's been 8 weeks and I'm down 4 lbs. lol.
    And yes I'm on a very strict diet. Just goes to show you that medical problems can really throw off "predictions"
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I do the same. Copy and paste that message into my edit notes section of the food diary and then check again later and it actually has worked and has been on schedule. I love it!

Yep, great idea - thank you I now have a new ritual to introduce :)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a query,

I would like to lose 2lbs per week - I was clear that this was my aim with MFP, so today I am 235 calories under my allocation of calories (includes my exercise cals)...... therefore I expected to see

If every day were like today...You'd weigh 138lbs in 5 weeks (10 pounds down)

but it does not give that lovely figure as my projected weight in 5 weeks - oh no it says 141.9lbs ????? WTF

6lbsin 5 weeks I want more......
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm stuck in a plateau so my weight has stayed the same for 5 weeks. I might try copying it into my notes though. THanks for th suggestion!
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Whatever, you're not a dork. I love that button. I push it like, 4x a day!