some confusion.

Options
Well i posted something about sodium here awhile ago....now the more I think about I'm still wondering??

Even when watching the sodium it's hard when a lot of stuff has it in it. Whole wheat bread, even healthy eats. So it seems hard to not go over on the sodium!!! I'm just wanting to follow it to the "T" you know. Hard isn't it??

Replies

• kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I rarely even get close on sodium (although sometimes i just wanna eat salty things! haha!)...

i have found that the more processed food i eat, the higher the sodium... try to eat more fresh, raw fruits and veggies... even some of those have sodium, but you will find that you are eating less when you replace processed foods with fresh foods. good luck!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with sodium too... I usually go over just from bread and cheese...
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Those McCormick packet thingys and alot of the premade spice mixes (cajun, greek spices, etc) have alot of salt in them too. Any of those boxed meals (you know...add the chicken and voila! it's dinner) have tons of sodium. I try to make all my things from scratch on the weekends and have them ready to go during the week. Oh also stay away from Lean cuisines and things like that too...salt heaven! Good Luck!
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    oh I'm eating fruits and veggies. Just somethings no matter what you do its hiding!! LOL. Thanks and any more advice send it my way.
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    thank you. I know it hides in some places you would not think. I do make home made things on the weekends but its hard!!!
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My sodium is always over. Always. I just feel like the calories are way more important than sodium. I know sodium makes you retain water. But I have just given up the fight.