cran raisins??

Options
Does anyone eat them for snack? I just had a 100 calorie pack it was soooo yummy. Any other good ideas for snack?? I also had a bananna.

Replies

• tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I also eat them and think they are yummy! They also make one that is orange or cherry flavor that is good as well.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Craisins are also really yummy in oatmeal!

Other snacks I like: Laughing Cow cheese with whole wheat crackers or veggies; cottage cheese & fruit; apple or banana with peanut butter; trail mix with dried fruit, peanuts, almonds, cereal, & semisweet chocolate chips. I usually try to combine fruit/veggies/carbs with some kind of protein.
  • Sweetheart6lk
    Options
    yes, i LOVE them too! i also put them in salads for a very yummy creation (at least i think so!) romaine lettuce, cran raisins, almonds and feta cheese with light raspberry vinagerette. YUMO!

Lets see, other snack ideas, depends on what you like, but these are my favorites:
    special K crackers with laughing cow cheese- 1 light cheese triangle is only like 35 calories!
    I also do graham crackers with light cool whip- make a sandwich out of it, freeze it and it tastes just like an ice cream sandwich.

i also have an amazingly easy and delicious "dump" recipe for corn and black bean salsa that is healthy and so yummy, i eat that with special k crackers.

for a sweet tooth, i make weight watchers cake- its amazing! let me know if you want the recipe.

sometimes for snack i also eat easy things like steamed carrots, fruit, etc.

hope this helps, good luck!
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    thank you for all the ideas!! Then there comes the sodium we have to watch.....HELP.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Yyyyeaaahhh....sodium. That's the one nutritional area I'm having the most trouble with; I'm still working on keeping my levels low on a regular basis. I just try to plan ahead and stock the house with plenty of whole foods--fruits, veggies, etc. so that I can round out my snacks that way. Low or no-salt nuts are a good way to add protein and cut down on the sodium. And I drink a.ton.of.water.