what is wrong with me?>!

Options
Okay here i am again, struggling. For the past 4 weeks i have been doing awesome, i didnt have any doubts or troubles and i felt great. NOW tom came to town and the past hmm 4 days i have been doing BAD, today fast food and now i wish i could throw it up!! i dont know what got into me. i was all game doing great now its like how and i going to get back on track?!?! i feel like crappp! its so hard once you fall off track to get back on and this is the best i have done on a diet ever! and now this...,:explode:

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Its hard. I was doing awesome for 3 months lost 45 lbs and then I just started having issues and have been struggling with it for a few months now. If you mess up right away get back on track because the longer you stay off track the harder it will be to get back on. Sorry you are struggling I know how difficult it is and I will be praying for you. I hope you get back on track.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This is not a "diet"--it's a lifestyle change. TOM can throw you off. The difference is, you are still HERE. Therefore, you have not failed. You might have hit a bump in the road. You have to step over the bump and climb back in the wagon and carry on.

Your ticker tells me you have already achieved some success. You said yourself you had done well. So, don't beat yourself up and use that a justification to undo all your hard work. Be good to yourself in ways that don't involve eating. Be firm with yourself. You have made a commitment to better health. YOU are the most important person you can take care of.

Good luck!! YOU CAN do this!!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. But TOM has a way of doing that to me too. One day won't sabatoge your efforts. Just start for the rest of the day to make better choices and tommorrow you will already be on track.

P.S. Avoid the scale until TOM is over if at all possible.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Well I have so been there and done that often!

We are not perfect and we are all bound to do this. Think of it as your carb up day...it's actually good to switch up your cal intake sometimes.

Don't get too discourgaged...I love this quote...NO MATTER WHAT YOUR PAST HAS BEEN, YOU HAVE A SPOTLESS FUTURE. This applies to lots of things in our lives, but also to our goals. Tomarrow is a brand new day!!!

Good luck!!!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Just dust off those pants and carry on :) The good news is that you must cosume 3500 calories to gain a pound. Soo, stay off the scale for a few days while your drink yourself silly with water to flush the extra sodium out of yah. Get back on track and you'll find the damage was minimal :)
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I understand where your at , I have been there MANY times on my journey!! Falling off is not the end of the world and it's going to happen no matter how you look at it the important part is you GET BACK ON and NEVER GIVE UP :) Because if you give up then you will never get to your goal.

In my journey and 78 lbs. down later I have been off and on this journey but I will NOT GIVE UP and that is what is going to make us all winners :smile: Just remember that YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too as I started getting closer to my goal weight. Every month, for two or three days, I was ready to put the sizzler out of business. After a few months I told myself to just go with it for 2 days and then be done. After a few months of that, I told myself to just go with it for 1 day and be done. Now I limit myself to one meal during that time in which I can eat whatever nasty thing I'm craving and THAT'S IT! Some times are harder than others, but over all I get there and I've lost a total of 90 lbs now.
  • mowryann
    mowryann Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is not a "diet"--it's a lifestyle change. TOM can throw you off. The difference is, you are still HERE. Therefore, you have not failed. You might have hit a bump in the road. You have to step over the bump and climb back in the wagon and carry on.

I agree with weaklink109 -- this journey we are all on is not a "diet!!" This is the rest of our lives. Tom is going to come and go, oooohh soooo faithfully, and is going to purpose to cause you to stumble...that's what hormones do!!! But, we control the choice center guys....one day of slippage or four days of slippage isn't going to kill us. Admit it, journal it, get support here and jump back into life. It's definitely not an easy, but DEFINITELY needs to happen. Pick up the boot straps. C'mon now!!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Review your goals and the reasons you want to loose weight? Might have to redo the new goals and rewards. Also carry a eating out guild with you, go online check out the places you might eat out at, pick a couple of the best choices and jot them down for your "Eating Out Guild" carry it with you, ya never know.
  • Diaz07fam
    Diaz07fam Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks you all really help me feel alot better. its nice to have people like yall here, cus i really have noone else to talk to! so thanks a bunch-:flowerforyou:
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Can you try to turn this into a learning experience? What can you do next month to avoid this? Special (but healthy) snacks held in reserve for TOM cravings? Special outfit hanging on your closet door that you want to fit into? Something motivational on the refrigerator door?
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Oh boy I have been there a LOT in the past year, I put on 20, take it off, put it on, UGH!!! I was so happy to find this site last month, finally some people that understand! I have had a pattern of falling off the band wagon then binge eating for weeks on end, then getting back on, I hate it! I really feel that with this site I can beat that now! I know I will fall off the wagon, but I feel here I have the support to get back on! WE can all do this, I know we can!!! I hope you have a better week this week, even just talking about it and getting it off your chest is a great start to gettting back on the wagon! Good luck sweetie!
  • Diaz07fam
    Diaz07fam Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks appreciate it :smile: