Holy *kitten*...I'm down how many inches???

nroesler
nroesler Posts: 81
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Ok, so I'm having a little party for myself and who better to share it with than you my fitness pals!!! Over winter the medication I was on total messed with my appetite and over 3 months I put on close to 40 pounds!!!!!

Starting in February of this year I got off that med and started getting serious about losing the weight. I joined a local gym and did they measurements my first day

After a recent plateau I needeed a boost so I re-did my measurements.....On my arms, chest, waist, abdominal, hips, thighs and calves I am down just over 25 inches!! AHHH!!! OMG that's awesome!! yay for me. Biggest loss was 6 inches on my hips alone!!!!!! here is the rundown:

Upper arm - 12.5 down to 11.25
Chest - 39.5 down to 36 (sad but I'm hoping it's mostly backfat)
waist - 35 to 31
abd - 40.5 to 36.25
hips - 46.5 to 40.5
thighs - 28.5 to 23
calf - 16 to 14.25

What about you guys........what about your successes???

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    :flowerforyou: Whoa! This is GREAT! Congrats!
  • WOW!!! Way to go! Keep it up :)
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    You go girl :)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    WOW have you been an exercising queen or what? That is so exciting. My friend that told me about MFP said "go create and account and check it out. The calorie counter is great; I'm telling you, you will *kitten* your pants the first week" My reply was, well I'm ready to *kitten*! LOL when I seen your post title I had to share this story because you are there HAHA! Congrats on your weight loss and inches down!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    That is amazing, congrats!!!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    That is awesome! Way to go on the non scale loss! I love that feeling when I measure and I am down some inches!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    You have just given me the motivation to enter my measurments, I haven't done it yet because I just didn't want to see those starting numbers.
    Thank-you!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    That is AMAZING!!! Congrats!!! Feels great, doesn't it?!?!?! Prior to joining this website, I lost 36 inches off of my body. Ok, so yeah I thought it was a big deal but "inches" didn't really mean anything to me personally until my husband put it into perspective and said something along the lines of me loosing 3 feet off of my body! LOL!!! It's important to stop and look at the whole picture... congrats on your accomplishments. This is truly amazing and you should feel incredibly proud of yourself!!!
  • yolsweet
    yolsweet Posts: 14 Member
    GOOD FOR YOU I'M DOWN FROM A SIZE 14 TO A 10 WITHIN 2 MONTHS 3 WEEKS
  • nroesler
    KiriKiriKiri I know what you mean. I lost over 2 feet off my body...how crazy is that?? half a foot of my hips?? I feel like a million bucks
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    That's soooo great! Hope you're taking pics too.
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    The hip measurement blew me away (that's my worst spot) !!!!:tongue:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    KiriKiriKiri I know what you mean. I lost over 2 feet off my body...how crazy is that?? half a foot of my hips?? I feel like a million bucks

That's FREAKING AWESOME! Although I am insanely jealous about the "hips" part, hahaha... Next stop? BIKINI SHOP!
  • nroesler
    That's soooo great! Hope you're taking pics too.
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    The hip measurement blew me away (that's my worst spot) !!!!:tongue:

I took no pictures while I was at my biggest (which is good and bad) but I've started now. I am doing so much cardio (elliptical, stationary bike, walking.....i live about 25 minutes away from my gym and I walk to and from) and classes like crazy ... zumba, aerobics, kickboxing, step .. anything I can do.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    WOW, that's great! I'm getting re-measured next Tuesday, can't wait to see my #s!!!!
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    That is fantastic. It's really hard to imagine when you put it into "feet". WOW!!
  • nroesler
    GOOD FOR YOU I'M DOWN FROM A SIZE 14 TO A 10 WITHIN 2 MONTHS 3 WEEKS

Holy Crap that's amazing!! So very proud of you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!