Last Chance.....

Options
Hi,

I am new to myfitnesspal and was hoping I can get friends for motivation. I have no support at home. My ultimate goal is to lose about 25 - 30 pounds before the ending of august so I can join the Army. This is my last hope to join the military, If I don't lose the weight then most likely I will be stuck in the current situation I am in which is not healthy at all for me, or better yet, it will just take longer for me to get to a good place. Add me and help me in this journey please...I vow to log on every day and make this part of my life now. I need ideas on how to set a successful routine up. I have already started with a food schedule to incorporate snacks in between my meals...something I never did =) any other ideas?

Replies

• fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Go take a 30 to 60 minute walk daily. When the kids are not home. That combined with time in the gym will help a lot. I focus on cardio and afterwards I do some leg weights because those are the biggest muscles, making them get bigger and stronger will get you to burn more of the bad calories. Do the other parts of the body every other day. couple of sets of 10 of a challenging but not too hard weight...you don't want to leave it all in the gym. Also make sure you drink plenty water. Say goodbye to sodas. If it doesn't have a nutritional value just leave alone...save those bad things for when you are making progress.

I told myself when I got to 250 I would go get some bbq....just crossed 230 and I still haven't gone to eat that bbq...the progress reenforces my will to get to 200!
  • Frioniel
    Frioniel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you were to lose around 2 pounds a week (which is still considered healthy) it'd only take you 15 weeks to lose 30 pounds, give or take a bit. So I'm sure you'd be able to do this. :D Just set up your calories so that the calorie deficit allows for that, that's what I did (I think the site does it automatically), and I've lost 6 pounds in the past 3-4 weeks.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Move more and eat less. I have started taking the stairs to the 3rd floor instead of the elevator and parking as far from the door as I can and walking. Every step helps.

Logging has become a habit, made easier with the phone app.

You can do this!