New to MFP recipe question

Options
Is there somewhere on this website that you can look up recipes that has all the information along with it? So that if you add it to your daily log it has all the calories, protein, carbs, sodium, etc..................

Replies

• Entretien
    Options
    Not yet. If you create a recipe on MFP you have the option to save it for yourself or add it to the MFP web site recipe collection which is "in process":

"We are currently accepting submissions to the MyFitnessPal recipe database. Once we receive enough submissions, we'll create a recipe section where users can browse recipes submitted by other members. Until then, you can To submit your recipe to the database, please provide the following additional information."
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You can get recipes from www.skinnytaste.com and they have a lot of info you are looking for.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Above answer are all right. Also, you can create and save your own recipes and if you opt to share them, hopefully, they will eventually have a recipe section from members. I keep hoping!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You can get recipes from www.skinnytaste.com and they have a lot of info you are looking for.

Yeah, a lot of online recipe sites have nutritional info, and it's a good place to start...BUT...I always create my own recipe entry here on MFP with my own ingredients for any recipe I find online, because sometimes I find what the websites suggest to be VASTLY different from what I actually end up with (like, a couple hundred calories per serving sometimes even if I follow the recipe exactly...I don't trust websites anymore lol)
  • mezzolori
    mezzolori Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I add my own recipes of those things I eat a lot.