My before and after - lost 28 lbs

Options
Before...

DSC01942-2-1.jpg

After... lost 28 lbs.....30 actually but I just got back from vacation with lots of food. :)

DSC02524.jpg

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good Job
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, great job :flowerforyou:
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Looking good, congrats.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You look great, can really tell it in your face especially.....keep it up!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Always love to see before & after pics. Congrats!
  • KLCole
    KLCole Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! You look totally different. Congratulations!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Awesome job!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • lady00k
    lady00k Posts: 7
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the good work!! It's always inspiring to see before and after pictures!
  • Tinapd
    Tinapd Posts: 6
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic. :smile:
  • zazaz
    zazaz Posts: 36
    Options
    wow, you look very great :)
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    *whistles* You hard work really shows. Awesome!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Hope you feel as great as you look!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • jjbcc99
    jjbcc99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on your hard work, will power and accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Great job hot momma!
  • swoodall
    swoodall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great! Do you mind sharing what you did? Workouts (Cardio, strength training) and diet? You lost it so quickly that I'd love to try whatever you've done.

I'm recently engaged, and putting off othe engagement pics til I trim down. The workouts haven't been dropping as much weight as I had liked. Any tips you can share on your success are appreciated.

Kudos - once again!
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! You must feel great!!! Congrats on your success, I hope it rubs off!!!!
  • paulaswrld
    paulaswrld Posts: 49
    Options
    You look great! Do you mind sharing what you did? Workouts (Cardio, strength training) and diet? You lost it so quickly that I'd love to try whatever you've done.

I'm recently engaged, and putting off othe engagement pics til I trim down. The workouts haven't been dropping as much weight as I had liked. Any tips you can share on your success are appreciated.

Kudos - once again!

Thank you for the kind words. In the beginning I really stuck to the calorie plan and counted every calorie. I made sure to go to the gym 3-5 times a week and still do. In the beginning when I wasn't a huge fan of the gym I made a deal with myself that as long as I went and just walked on the treadmill, it was better than not going at all. I started seeing progress right away because I hadn't really been very active before then.
    As I got more comfortable with the new plan, I made minor changes as I went along. I stopped drinking soda, even diet. I cut out a ton of processed foods and started reaching for whole foods.I cut out all milk chocolate and only had dark chocolate when I needed a fix. I learned a lot from reading this message board and learned not to fear good fats like those in avocado, nuts, and olive oil. Then I steadily increased my workouts as well. I would say for the first 2 months, I did cardio only and didn't add in any weights until I had lost a good 20 lbs. I started alternating between treadmill and elliptical and eventually stopped walking on the treadmill altogether as I built up better endurance with the elliptical. I typically burn 300-400 calories in a cardio workout and will usually eat most or all of those calories back.
    The key was just sticking with it even when you didn't feel like it. I recommended this site to umpteen different people. Many signed up and loved it at first, only to drop off a week or two later.
    For women you have to keep in mind that we have hormonal fluctuations that may make one week harder than another. I'm a scale-a-holic and I found that I could be at the same weight for 2 solid weeks only for it to drop 2 or 3 pounds in just days. And it was always mportant to remember during those weeks where I felt "stuck" that even if the scale wasn't moving, I felt a million times healthier than before when I ate horribly. And when I did add in the weights, even when the scale didn't move, I was still losing inches.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!