Replies

• kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options

exercise.png
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    Shoot, lost my ticker. Oh well, someday I'll figure out the ins and outs of technology! Until then. I'll just keep track as best I can.

Wow, you guys are doing great! I'm at 11 miles so far. Good job everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    If you use the ticker factory, make sure to create a pin and bookmark so you can update it. Don't forget to update you siggy here too! So, how often does everyone update their ticker? Daily? Weekly? I do mine after every walk as I can be forgetful. So if anyone makes 100miles prior to Sept, will you continue to track it? I will track min for the rest of the year, or until the cold weather is too much for me to walk in. Ah the joys of the midwest! Have a great night and a healthy tomorrow!! 'See ya all around the block'!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have walked 5.7 miles so far i have not been about to walk a lot because having a cold i just don't feel good at all right so been try to take it easy.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, guys! I'm a little late getting in on this, but I'd like to take the challenge, too! I have committed to doing a 5K with a coworker on September 9, so this is the perfect thing to make sure I do plenty of training before then. I've walked in several 5Ks already, but my goal is to run this one. I'm using a 5K training plan from a beginning runner's book my friend has (not sure of the title).

I think if I do my three weekly workouts, I should be able to do 9 miles a week, so the 100 shouldn't be a problem. I'm off to go make a ticker now! Can't wait to get started chipping away at this goal! What a great idea!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Welcome mddomain!! I'm glad to have another face around here! Good luck on you 5k, that's exciting!! I've been doing the Couch to 5k plan and it has really helped me so far!

Today I woke up super crabby so I decided to go on my morning walk. Well, I ended up at my parents house which is 3.95miles from my house!!! Holy Cow! I didn't think it was that far!! I made it in 67min :D Of course, I wasn't gonna be able to walk the return trip so I had my mom take me home and brought my lil brothers with and went swimming for a hour. Hope you all are having a great week!! I am as my hubby will have my kitchen almost complete (it's been 2yrs that its been pulled apart) by this weekend!! Woot Woot!!
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    i want to try! i'm doing a couple of 5K's this summer, so running and training for those should tack on some of the miles. is it just walking/running or can it be from a variety of things (during the school year, i take spinning classes and sometimes bike upwards of 15 miles per class)?
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Hi elysetoplin!! Welcome to the group! If you want to make a side goal for yourself (and anyone else spinning), then go right ahead. I mainly wanted to keep the challenge for walking or running, since it's something that just about everyone can do without spending money, but as long as you're moving that's great!
  • mddomain
    Options
    Just got done with 3.25 miles! Reached the 3.1 mark about 2 minutes sooner than I have been because I didn't let myself wimp out and walk ridiculously slow during the intervals. Now to figure out how to update my ticker...

Edited to add: Got it! My little person has now moved ahead 3.25 miles on the ticker! Nice!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    GOOD Job ladies :smile:

I'm a 1/3 down.... its adds up fast!
  • sammsamm17
    Options
    Im in.. I just cant start until after monday when I get the ok from my dr to start working out again.. just had surgery on monday.. Before I had the surgery I was walking almost 2mi everyday...
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Welcome Sammsamm17!! Hope ou hear good news from your dr on Monday!!

So, this week, I pushed myself to walk a few extra miles, and yesterday, I walked 4miles to my parents house! Then that evening walked one more mile. DOes anyone have a certain number of miles they want to walk each week? I plan to add an extra mile next week. Hope everyone is well and has no injuries. 'See ya around the block' XoxoxoX Bru
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    bump. I don't run very far most of the time. Bummer. :(
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    No bummer, the main thing is you are moving, even if it isn't for very far or long, you are still a movin' :D

Keep up the great work everyone, posting my stats tomorrow morning :) Happy Saturday all!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Well, it's Saturday evening, and since I will be with my dad tomorrow, I'm posting my weekly stats:

Week 6/8 -6/12 13.89
    Week 6/13- 6/19 22.83
    Week 6/20-6/26
    Week 6/27-7/3
    Week 7/4-7/10
    Week 7/11-7/17
    Week 7/18-7/24
    Week 7/25-7/31
    Week 8/1-8/7
    Week 8/8-8/14
    Week 8/15-8/8/21
    Week 8/22-8/28
    Week 8/29-9/4
    Week 9/5-9/8

Current total 36.72
  • mddomain
    Options
    Great job, everyone! This challenge has actually gotten me motivated to get on the treadmill and put in some miles, so I know it's going to help me run that 5K in September!

I got in another 1.5 doing my warm-up with my trainer on Thursday evening. Took Friday and Saturday off, but there are another 3 to 3.5 in the plans for this evening! Let's all keep moving!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Wtg!!! Glad to see so many faces keeping up with this thread. Keep up the great work and make sure you drink plenty of water, maybe add an extra 8oz from last week. Or maybe add an extra mile throughout the week. 'See ya around the block' XoxoxoX Bru
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the week...

Since last week I have logged another 7.1 miles... still not sure that I'll make it to 100 but I figure keeping moving is better than not keeping moving! :) Today I got out and walked instead of falling asleep on the couch like I really wanted to (and finished out my Conservative C25K week so I can catch up this week!) This coming week hoping to get in 4 C25K walks plus a couple shorter walks with my little boy since it is a much less crazy week than the last couple have been! Those depend on the weather though... it has been way too hot here to get out and walk in the middle of the day (meaning anytime between 7 am and 7 pm!)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    melodyg great job!! 7.1miles is great!!! Keep it up!!

Right now, where I live, the summer heat is going up, so my walks are limited to early EARLY mornings or walking at the mall. I can't even get in an evening walk. By 11am it was 96 today! UGH! But I'm planning on drinking lots of water (already at 7 8oz glasses) and I may even go swimming later.
    Can't wait to see all the miles drop in on Sunday! Enjoy your week and be safe :)
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm in too. :)