One big step in the right direction! :)

Options
WendyBlendy
WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
When I started MFP, I was eating huge amounts. I could eat 2 cups of pasta, 3 slices of garlic bread, and 3 cups of lettuce without getting full. I could eat 2 bagles with huge amounts of cream cheese, 2 eggs, and an orange without feeling full. I could eat 3 hamburgers, 3 cups of salad, and who knows how many servings of potato chips without feeling full.

Now...............
I can eat 1 cup of pasta, no garlic bread, and 2 cups of salad with lo-cal dressing and feel full. I can eat 1 bagel, an egg, and a small orange/clementine and feel full. I can eat 1 hamburger, 2 cups of salad with lo-cal dressing, and no chips and feel full.

Halelujah!!! Honestly, only with God's strength in me could I resist these foods at first (and, sometimes, now). Only with Him could I have come this far, and I thank Him for it!!

Replies

• ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am with you.
    And being able to look at bad foods and actually be disgusted (case in point - the man was eating Doritos last night and the smell actually made me feel ill)! *lol*
    I used to eat those things with Mt Dew, now I am completely grossed out.
    Even oreos didn't taste the same the other day.
    I am loving these changes! I feel so much better emotionally AND physically.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthy a few years ago (for a few months) and after working a 13 hr day, the only food on the way home was McDonalds. I remember looking at it from the freeway and thinking I'd rather go hungry. It was quite a shocker to my pyschee. I am a salt addict and love McDonalds when I'm being unhealthy. I had some Mt. Dew this morning and can feel those cravings coming on!! Reminds me why I switched to coffee.
    Good on you, though and keep it up!! I notice little changes like that everyday.
  • 2Bproverbs31
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!! I love this so much!! I love your attitude of praise!! Thanking God with you, for you you are a blessing! <3
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    Congratulations!! Being Healthy Is NOT an easy task for many of us, Good For You!! :)
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job and Praise. I love when I notice things like this about myself as well. I used to LOVE soda pop, now I "think" I want it, take 2-3 drinks and can not finish it. NSV all the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!