Not going back..still moving forward

Options
Angel0787
Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
I found the first picture on an old fb account of mine, and it literally made me want to cry. It reminded me of what I allowed depression to do to me. The second picture I am 5 lbs lighter then I was my original weight, before I started gaining weight. I literally had went from 199.5 to 230 lbs in a year time. Not only that, but I had lost myself completely due to the circumstances that stemmed that depressed stance. In November 2012, I lost my dad and I decided this time instead of letting that depression take my life away from me again, I was going to use my emotions to fuel me to push harder toward my goal. It's our choice which direction we let it take us. It's our mind, our body and our emotions. We can do this. I know, I for one, am not going back.

rucpck.jpg

Replies

• Angel0787
    Options
    bump
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude and mind-set. That's where it all starts. It's easy to let depression control your life, I think a lot of us have been through that before. Sometimes seeing a picture of the "old you" can be the fuel for the fire you've been looking for. I wish you all the best in your journey. Don't forget to update us with before and after photos when you get there!
  • cnewlin86
    cnewlin86 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Taking it one day at a time! Slowly but surely I am seeing progress! I'm much better off than I was 2 months ago and I want to keep that trend going! I'm not looking back either, instead I'm looking forward and getting excited to see what changes I'll have another month from now!
  • Angel0787
    Options
    You have a great attitude and mind-set. That's where it all starts. It's easy to let depression control your life, I think a lot of us have been through that before. Sometimes seeing a picture of the "old you" can be the fuel for the fire you've been looking for. I wish you all the best in your journey. Don't forget to update us with before and after photos when you get there!

Thanks :) I will keep you updated for sure! :) I am going to be starting turbofire either today or tomorrow depending on when it finally arrives here! I will post another picture at the end of that.
  • Angel0787
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Taking it one day at a time! Slowly but surely I am seeing progress! I'm much better off than I was 2 months ago and I want to keep that trend going! I'm not looking back either, instead I'm looking forward and getting excited to see what changes I'll have another month from now!

That's the way to do it :) There may be times where we slip or stumble, but the important thing is to keep moving forward, we'll only get stronger because of it :) Good luck on your journey of health :)
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Thanks :) I will keep you updated for sure! :) I am going to be starting turbofire either today or tomorrow depending on when it finally arrives here! I will post another picture at the end of that.

That's great! I've been dying to try Turbofire, but I don't have the money for it at the moment. Definitely let me know how it goes for you!
  • msgbr
    msgbr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I found the first picture on an old fb account of mine, and it literally made me want to cry. It reminded me of what I allowed depression to do to me. The second picture I am 5 lbs lighter then I was my original weight, before I started gaining weight. I literally had went from 199.5 to 230 lbs in a year time. Not only that, but I had lost myself completely due to the circumstances that stemmed that depressed stance. In November 2012, I lost my dad and I decided this time instead of letting that depression take my life away from me again, I was going to use my emotions to fuel me to push harder toward my goal. It's our choice which direction we let it take us. It's our mind, our body and our emotions. We can do this. I know, I for one, am not going back.

rucpck.jpg

Ain't no stopping you now.....you are on the move!
  • Angel0787
    Options

That's great! I've been dying to try Turbofire, but I don't have the money for it at the moment. Definitely let me know how it goes for you!

I will for sure! I got it today! I am going to make Monday my start day and go by their schedule! Sooo excited, ready to take it to the next level :)
  • Angel0787
    Options

rucpck.jpg

Ain't no stopping you now.....you are on the move!

:) You got that right! Thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!