Choco, Oatmeal, PB, Protein No-Bake Cookie

Options

Replies

• p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm! Going to try these as soon as I have all of the ingredients!! Might play about with it a bit too and let you know what I find! :)
    -x-x-
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Just realised I'm only missing the brown sugar so I'm going to get some on the school run and make them later!! Ooooh I'm excited!!
    -x-x-
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    just wrote down the recipe and thought of a few things:

1 - I think I may try the unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of 1% milk

2 - I know you mentioned that you add stevia to taste, but out of curiosity, roughly how much stevia are you adding?

3 - how long do they last in the fridge?

Sounds good with almond milk! (original recipe calls for almond or soy milk)
    I'll post a link to the original recipe.....it looks delish as is, I just tweaked it to suit my preferences/pantry. lol

I used stevia extract powder. It's in what looks like a little vitamin bottle. It comes with a tiny measuring spoon (25 mg), I used about 7 of those.

The cookies I made are pretty moist, I don't know if they really need to be in the fridge, just thought they might since they don't have much sugar to act as a preservative. I think they would keep well for a couple weeks in the fridge or a few months in the freezer.

Have fun!
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    Here's a link to the chocolate no-bake recipe I used as the starting point. It uses Splenda as the sweetener.

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2010/02/01/no-bake-cookie-with-added-pro-hmmm/

I know someone mentioned in the comments after her recipe that the protein content isn't as high as it says. That's one of the reasons I ended up tweaking it so much....I really wanted close to 10 grams of protein per 100 calories.:-)
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    Yummmmm! Going to try these as soon as I have all of the ingredients!! Might play about with it a bit too and let you know what I find! :)
    -x-x-

Let me know what you find out...any ideas would be great!
    I love changing recipes, so I doubt my next batch will be the same.

Just a note:These cookies are pretty soft....if you want a firmer cookie you could use a little less water or add more protein powder or oats.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delicious!
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    UPDATE:
    So, I just ate one of these cookies and today they are ooey-gooey, get stuck in your throat sticky. :frown: They are only one day old and they were so good yesterday, well, in a protein-y good-for-you sort of way. Maybe my modifications to the recipe aren't so great.
    Any thoughts on why that might be? Maybe it's the water?

Sorry, I was just so excited to share....:cry:
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    could be the water. I just looked at the original recipe and was very excited that it had an agave nectar version. maybe try that version as is and see how it is. the water mixed with the protein powder may be what makes it gooey.
  • Dancey30
    Dancey30 Posts: 8
    Options
    Stupid Question: What is BUMP??

I so have been asking the same thing.

Bump just keeps the post up top AND it will allow you to find the post again should you want to try the recipe or see what other's say!

Thank You :) I see BUMP everywhere and was a little curious. Just was afraid to ask. Then I saw the previous person ask so I added to hers. I know there is no stupid question unless they are unasked. SO thank You both.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Soooo.....i made the cookies and they are a bit like sticky balls of chocolate lol

I have put them in the freezer now and they are like chocolate ice-cream bars! A bit less water or milk next time me thinks but for now I'll enjoy them as a frozen snack! :)
    -x-x-
  • jajlies
    jajlies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump,yum
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    Update: I made the recipe from the website given above. There are two versions, one with brown sugar sub and one with agave nectar. I used the one with agave exactly how it was written on the website. The only modifications I made was that I added 2 tbs of ground flax seeds and the oats I used were extra thick rolled oats, not the quick cooking kind. The protein powder I used was Garden of Life Perfect Meal in milk chocolate and they turned out AWESOME!!

I used an ice cream scoop to help me make even sized balls. They didn't form great balls because they were pretty gooey, but I left them in the refrigerator overnight on a lined cookie sheet uncovered and in the morning, they were the perfect consistency to mold into better balls and then dust them with cocoa powder :)

Totally yummy, so easy and will definitely be made over and over again!
    Thanks again for posting this!!
  • mom2mykiddos
    Options
    Update: I made the recipe from the website given above. There are two versions, one with brown sugar sub and one with agave nectar. I used the one with agave exactly how it was written on the website. The only modifications I made was that I added 2 tbs of ground flax seeds and the oats I used were extra thick rolled oats, not the quick cooking kind. The protein powder I used was Garden of Life Perfect Meal in milk chocolate and they turned out AWESOME!!

I used an ice cream scoop to help me make even sized balls. They didn't form great balls because they were pretty gooey, but I left them in the refrigerator overnight on a lined cookie sheet uncovered and in the morning, they were the perfect consistency to mold into better balls and then dust them with cocoa powder :)

Totally yummy, so easy and will definitely be made over and over again!
    Thanks again for posting this!!

Thanks for the update! :heart:
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!!!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bumppppp
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    :love: YUM! YUM! YUM!! I canNOT wait to try these! Thanks for posting this!!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    If it wasn`t so late, I`d make them now!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bump :o)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Try adding some fibre one cereal into them to up the fibre content. I'd use skim milk myself, and nix the brown sugar altogether for a healthier option. I think I may give these a try.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump sounds tastey