6'0" + Ladies- Show your pics!

Options
Laura_beau
Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
Hello Everyone

I know there are a ton of tall lady pic threads- and while all the success stories are amazing (well done) there is a BIG difference between being moderately tall (5'7"-5'11) and being Super Duper tall (6'0" Plus). For example a BMI of 24.9 on a 5'8" person is 164 pounds, whereas its 194 pounds on someone 6'2". Some people think I've grown a second head when I say how much I used to weigh!

I am mid-way through my journey and will post pics on here once I get to 199 :o) Which is my first major goal. My ultimate goal is to get into the 'healthy' BMI range for my height (6'1") which is 189. Also to get fit, active and strong.

Any ladies out there over 6 foot with progress/ after pictures?

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" & I've reached my goal. I was about 292 on the left & I'm currently 169.

8ea54479-6fa4-498c-9086-d67921d02734_zps59bf5bb4.jpg
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME- so inspiring. Well done.
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and I want to get down to 180. Im currently yo yo'ing from 225 to 220....Hoping I get past my hump of 220 that Ive been stuck on. I recently had a baby, but am wishing for more results than Ive been seeing lately :( Ill post pics when I get there!!!
  • BonitaMay79
    BonitaMay79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First of all pkiesch.........your look amazing!! And I think I have increased my goal (or decreased) how ever you look at it. LOL

6'2 and started my weight journey at 328. Currently 260. My goal was to lose 100 lbs. I reached 75 lbs lost last summer and hit my plateau. I told myself that I was happy with where I was and if I could maintain, that's where I would just stay. Well there was no maintaining, it was gaining! I gained about 15 lbs. Happy to say they are gone again.

I still have my goal of losing 100 lbs. Which is still a bit away. Once there, I'm sure I will set another goal. 3500 calories at a time!!

How I do it.........healthier eating choices, more physical activity and smaller portions. I've taken up running and enjoy a good zumba class at least twice a week.

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg

Looking forward to a new side by side.......40 lbs lighter.

Good luck to everyone. Thanks to Laura_beau (my twin). Can't wait to see your pics.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm just shy of 6'2" and I don't have any pics yet, but feel free to add me (any of you). It's always good actually having a realistic benchmark with people your own height.

Last time I weighed myself I was a little under 90kg (around 198lb) and I'm aiming for 75-78kg (165-171lb). I've been there before and I was much more comfortable in my skin, but I've had a pretty cruddy 18 months and it all went downhill.

Good luck everyone!
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hi, I just started. I am 6'0" and would love to keep seeing the feed of women at my height! Please add me. :)
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I am 6'1" and looking for more inspiring stories/pictures of fellow Amazons. I need to lose over 100 lbs. Please post thank you!
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am mid-way through my journey and will post pics on here once I get to 199 :o) Which is my first major goal. My ultimate goal is to get into the 'healthy' BMI range for my height (6'1") which is 189. Also to get fit, active and strong.

Just a note, I think BMI is less and less applicable the further you stray from 'the norm' for body-type, so for any of you lady's looking at that for guidance on what you 'should' weigh, please don't. I'm a 6'3" athlete without a huge amount of muscle mass and BMI says I need to lose 30 pounds to be in the middle of my healthy weight range. Ridiculous!

Also wanted to say I think tall women are glorious, around 6' is just the perfect height for a woman in my eyes. Live proud Amazons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!