FRIDAY=FAILURE

Options
I'm thinkking of upping my calories to 2000 just on fridays so that I don't end up binging cuz i failed anyways. Opinions? Or any better ideas?

Replies

• Toomanytwinkies
    Toomanytwinkies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't think thats a bad idea. The weekend is alot of people's weakness, as far as binging goes. If you upped your calorie intake for that one day a week I bet you wouldn't want to binge so badly. And it would be something to look forward to.
  • newme2105
    newme2105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea.

I changed my target calories this week as I hadn't realised I'd set my target as 1.5lbs a week weightloss rather than the recommended 1lb per week weightloss. I am hoping now that I have a fighting chance of being closer to my target calories
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! First, like you mentioned, giving youself the extra leeway could definately help reduce the urge to binge. Second, even if you are eating at or slightly above maintainance for one day, you still have a great deficit for the week.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    There is no rule that says you have to stick to the same calorie allowance each day. :)
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    another idea: do some extra exercise that day to earn some extra cals, and eat those?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    another idea: do some extra exercise that day to earn some extra cals, and eat those?

This.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a treat night every friday and I really look forward to it all week. But rather than upping my calories for the day I do a lunch time fitness class and try to keep my breakfast, lunch and snacks to an absolute minimum so that I can have a really big dinner without going over my allowance for the day.