Sweet Tooth

Options
Hello everyone I was just wondering what it is that you all eat when you have a sweet tooth. I would appreciate any advice because all I can really find with good calories is Jell-O. I do love Jell-O, but it is just not realistic for me to eat that everyday, or any food for that matter. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Replies

• jenniferdtidwell
    Options
    I find the 60 calorie sugar free jello pudding snacks satisfying. You can also eat a small amount of dark chocolate miniatures (I think they're like 38 calories per mini candy bar).
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I get a sweetened yogurt (I like Dannon's Light and Fit Lemon Chiffon), or maybe an apple (with some peanut butter of course). A new favorite I have are my Mock Ice Cream Bars. It's a chocolate graham cracker filled with sugar free Cool Whip (or Light Cool Whip), then frozen, for an AMAZING ice cream sandwich. I also froze some yogurt in juice pop molds for ice cream pops (they were about 40 calories, and pretty good). Frozen bananas are great too.
    If I have a few more calories than normal, I'll have a bowl of granola, or maybe just some real ice cream from Baskin Robbins.

Good luck, happy eating!
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    I like the Jello Mousse Temptations Dark Chocolate Decadence! Also, try the Hungry Girl cookbooks. They have a lot of recipes with under 200 calories! I also love grilled peaches, Yoplait Parfait Delights yogurt (especially the lemon torte)
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm working on cutting refined sugar out of my life. I'm addicted to it and right now its better for me to leave it alone. Besides refined sugar is empty calories and I want my calories to count towards my being more healthy.

If I'm craving sugar bad I'll eat half of a banana slowly.
    When we have a birthday party I make a smoothie consisting of greek yogurt, banana, peanut butter and cocoa powder. I've been completely off refined sugar for 4 whole days now. Tonight instead of birthday cake and ice cream I had the smoothie and was pleasently surprized how great it worked to help me over the sugar hump.
  • Pam88
    Pam88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I get a sweet tooth I have a cup of frozen blueberries. They are under a 100 calories and are pretty sweet.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    mmmmm plain non fat greek yogurt with honey is YUM! You can add a few M&M's if you really want to be naughty ;) You could even finely chop a square of super dark chocolate and almonds and add that to your yogurt. I've noticed though that quite often when I'm craving sugar it's because I need to drink more water, so a glass of water and some fruit will usually do the trick.
  • water4life
    water4life Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You all have been very helpful! I am definitely gonna try the yogurt and the mock ice cream sandwiches. The blueberries also sound delicious.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I love the special k chocolate mocha bars, mmmm! They have a chocolate bottom and the top taste like mocha coffee!!! 90 calories and I feel like I am cheating!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I like to make some splenda/cinammon and sprinkle it on a half a banana, add a popscicle stick and wrap with foil and freeze.
    It only takes maybe 30 minutes to chill real good. I don't know how long they keep, cause I'll just make two at a time and usually end up eating the second the next day. Sometimes a little water will help the cinnamon mix stick better. Perfect when I'm craving some ice cream.
    I will also have to try those frozen sandwiches!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    A small chocolate bar works wonders for sugar cravings...a milky way, with only 100 calories helps to satisfy my cravings. I've found recently, since my lifestyle and diet change that a tiny bar of chocolate is plenty of sugar for me and often I find I don't want to finish it all :flowerforyou:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sweet tooth... I have a mouth full of chocolate teeth. :) I have found that if I eat a little bit of chocolate I'll crave it all day - so if you can ignore that first craving that may be 1/2 the battle. :)

As for sweet treats:

* Hershey's lite chocolate syrup and sweeten up a ton of things... sliced strawberries (if my calorie intake allows it adding a scoop of Dryers slow churned low fat frozen yogurt really makes it a treat!), banana (I actually just take a bite of the banana and then pour a drop of Hershey's on it, take another bite, repeat... don't even dirty any dishes - another kind of treat!).
    * I take 3 almonds and 9 chocolate chips and eat them 1 almond/3 chocolate chips at a time.
    * The bite size 3 musketeers are good with very little calories and fat compared to other chocolate.
    * Peppermint patties (it isn't York that I get, there is another kind that I like the chocolate better and there is more chocolate for each patty (Pearsons? something like that - in a silver and green bag))
    * Hunts pudding packs - butterscotch is my fav.
    * Apple sauce
    * Quaker low fat chocolate chunk chewy granola bars
    * Quaker Peanut Butter Dipps granola bar
    * French toast (as a meal - not a snack, but it does satisfy the sweet)

I may not know much... but I know sweets! :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    When I want something sweet, it always involves wanting chocolate. XP The vitatops are pretty good. I have to stay away from the sugar free pudding cups because I end up eating more than just one. heh
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I recently discovered that a banana mashed up and mixed with yogurt (I actually use buttermilk, but same idea) with a little bit of cinnamon is really great. Tastes like banana yogurt or a smoothie, but no refined sugar and no fake sugar either. Cottage cheese mixed with applesauce and a little honey is also good. I also enjoy cinnamon toast (cinnamon & sugar sprinkled on top of a slice of toast with just a bit of butter or margarine spread on)--really hits the spot when I am craving a pastry-like dessert. Hard candies can be good too if you have enough control to stop at one or two...
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Frozen grapes are good. Also I love mango, watermelon and kiwi!