Another newbie!

LoveCR22
LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
Hi everyone.

Was told losing weight was easier when you have weight loss buddies to support you so thought I'd give this a shot.

So if anyone is looking for a buddy please feel free to add me.

Also does anyone know a good way to get your calorie count up without eating junk?

Planned out today's food and it says I'm still short 342 calories and that's with my daily pop I'm not willing to give up yet.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to "healthy food"
I will force myself to eat the mixed garden salad's but other wise only healthy stuff I'll touch is
Apple, Oranges, Plums, Watermelon, Banana's, Carrots and Cucumbers, corn, potatoes (do them last two count as healthy?).
Which leaves me with not many meal choices.
Friends keep saying add in nuts and fish but hate all kinds of nuts and only "seafood" I like is tuna so that doesn't help me.

Always been just a meat and potatoe girl so kinda stuck on what to eat to get in the calories now that i've cut out junk food :(

Replies

• tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Completely understand. One of my favs is a steak and potato. Have you ever tried red pepper roasted hummus? Surprisingly good and not too bad for you. I think if you cut out most breads and pastas you will see a big difference. BTW I added you.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    aaww you sound exactly like me!! (i cant give up my chinese food!) lol, i uesd to not really enjoy any "heathy" foods. so i started forcing myslef to like them, slowly slowly, a new one at a time. but now after forcing myslef to eat them i actually really like them now!!
    i eat i can of Tuna in water covered with 1/4c mozzerella <Cant spell) cheese and a 1/3 cup cottage cheese and a green giant single serving of corn in butter sauce. and i heat it all up and mix it all up and it is SO delcious!!!
    but i can only eat that like maybe once a week or once every other week. but its still tastes good
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Have you found any substitutes for your chinese food? I've been craving some REALLY bad lately, but I don't want to eat it. I didn't know if there were any healthy substitutions that would take away that craving?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    WELCOME!! NICE TO SEE ANOTHER FELLOW CANUCK!