Had a bad lunch. Advice on the rest of the day.

Options
Rivers2k
Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
Had a really bad lunch what do I do with the rest of my day? I got dragged to a coworkers b-day party. I like my coworker so I wanted to go but the restaurant had absolutely nothing healthy. I tried to make good choices. I had water not soda, I asked them not to bread the chicken on the chicken sandwich, got sauce on the side. However I was still starving after the sandwich so I stopped thinking and had an order of onion rings.

Let me start by saying I would normally just work harder at the gym but this week my family and I have all been home with really bad head and chest colds. I forced my self to the gym Monday and Wednesday but couldn't do it this morning.

So what do I do with the rest of my day should I skip dinner or no? Part of me is thinking about skipping eating anything the rest of the day. But then I think that would make my metabolism slow down even more. I figure since my body is sluggish from being sick my metabolism is probably going to follow suit?

PS my lunch was 1500 cals. I cant believe a sandwich and onion rings was that much!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy dinner. Move on with your life. It really is that easy. One high cal meal isn't the end of the world.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    All I can tell you is what I would do.

I would try to log as close as I can to what I ate and try to stay as close to my daily goal as possible...even if you go over. Then, I would try to just eat a little less for the next few days until the average is at or below your daily goal. No exercise needed.

Good luck!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Log it, then carry on as normal. Stuff like this happens. It's called life. Stop stressing over it and suddenly food will seem far less of an enemy.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    As above posts, just forget it & move on as normal
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Maybe some chicken breast or broiled fish and a few stems of broccoli? Or even a bowl of cereal with some almond milk. Like the others say, keep it light but healthy and make up for it over the next couple of days.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy dinner. Move on with your life. It really is that easy. One high cal meal isn't the end of the world.

Wow. You are a genius!
  • gini3411
    gini3411 Posts: 1
    Options
    Eat a big salad with a small (2 - 4 oz) piece of grilled chicken. Don't use dressing. And then move on. Tomorrow is another day and you'll do better. No stress -- it's life.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Had a really bad lunch what do I do with the rest of my day? I got dragged to a coworkers b-day party. I like my coworker so I wanted to go but the restaurant had absolutely nothing healthy. I tried to make good choices. I had water not soda, I asked them not to bread the chicken on the chicken sandwich, got sauce on the side. However I was still starving after the sandwich so I stopped thinking and had an order of onion rings.

Let me start by saying I would normally just work harder at the gym but this week my family and I have all been home with really bad head and chest colds. I forced my self to the gym Monday and Wednesday but couldn't do it this morning.

So what do I do with the rest of my day should I skip dinner or no? Part of me is thinking about skipping eating anything the rest of the day. But then I think that would make my metabolism slow down even more. I figure since my body is sluggish from being sick my metabolism is probably going to follow suit?

PS my lunch was 1500 cals. I cant believe a sandwich and onion rings was that much!

This is what I do when I eat something that goes against my diet...ahem... I move on with my life.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    You get over it, eat like you regularly do for dinner and the next day. One bad meal won't derail you.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Log everything accurately, and eat dinner like you expected. Then just keep at it, this happens to all of us ;)
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things one bad lunch will not derail your plans unless you use it as an excuse..."well I screwed up lunch so there goes my weight loss".

That said, when I need a low cal lunch the answer is a 2-egg omelette with a ton of bell peppers, mushrooms, and a sprinkle of Parmesan, healthy, filling, and only about 200 calories.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Like most people in here have said, it's one meal. Don't worry about it.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ONE BAD MEAL WON'T MAKE YOU FAT, JUST LIKE ONE WORKOUT WON'T MAKE YOU SKINNY!!!!
    Living healthy is easier than people think. Never deprive yourself, eat (healthy) when you're hungry, and ROCK your workouts!!!
    :happy:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well,i say,, COME ON OVER,, we will drink some whiskey and add to what you have done,,
    we will go in the hot tub,,, then we will get naked and run thru all this dam snow.
    then we will drink some more whiskey.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I would try to eat a salad. Try to watch what you eat over the next few days and workout when possible.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who have given advice. Just so I am clear I am not really stressing over it just trying to figure out my best plan of attack so it isn't a completely wasted day.

Sounds like general idea is to eat a low calorie meal tonight start over tomorrow. Nobody seemed to agree with the not eating at all.

I like the idea of cereal because my stomach feels like crap from the garbage. Cereal is the only thing that sounds good right now. I cant believe I used to eat this garbage daily!
  • mzvalaren
    mzvalaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have soup for dinner. Campbell's Healthy Choice ~ 100 calories for a cup of soup. Filling, healthy, and gets you going back in the right direction.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i'd a big lunch yesterday and I plan to have another big lunch in 4wks time too.

Personally, I'm working on the basis as long as I'm not doing it every day (or even every week until I get to goal) then it shouldn't upset the apple cart too much ... not that there were too many apples in the chorizo and mozzarella panini ... yum!! :)
  • protogrrrl
    Options
    I personally wouldn't eat dinner, but that's just me. Just try and stick as close to your daily calorie goal as possible. However, I also let myself splurge occasionally, and usually it's when I go out with friends. If you don't treat yourself occasionally it can be really hard to stay motivated, for me anyways. Ether way, don't stress over it :) Stress doesn't help weight loss. Oh, and drink lots of water! :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ha.. I ate too muich for breakfast today.. i'm not gonna sweat it..

I'm totally planning on an irish cupcake or two this weekend (read: booze in cupcake form!) if I go over.. i'm still gonna eat dinner!

Exercise of not.. our bodies are designed to handle the occasional over eating. It's the daily over eating that packs the weigh ton. You might weigh a pound or two more tomorrow, but it'll be gone after that.

I went to Golden Corral last weekend and ended up eating a total for the day of like 2100 calories or something.. I still have lost 3 pounds... my first loss in weeks.

Don't sweat it. 1 day does not undo all the other work.