Apps for Running Intervals?

Options
I have been using Nike Plus to track my runs and I'm pretty happy with it, but I haven't yet found a good way to keep track of time while I'm doing my interval training. Do you know of any apps (for running, or just timers/stop watch apps) that will let me set two times and alternate them? For instance, if I want to do 45-second sprints follwed by 2-minute jogs, is there an app that will "beep" or tell me when to switch from one interval to the next?

Thanks!

Replies

• smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use an Iphone app called seconds, there is a limited free version that has some set intervals and you can create and not save your own, or the paid version you can petty much create and save whatever. even the free version will do what you want.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    On Iphone, I use a free app called "Interval Timer". First, it's very simple. It also has extra features, if you want to use them, to setup different workouts.
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I use an Iphone app called seconds, there is a limited free version that has some set intervals and you can create and not save your own, or the paid version you can petty much create and save whatever. even the free version will do what you want.

Ditto on Seconds. I sprung for the paid version and set up my routines using that. I use it simultaneously with Runkeeper on the iPhone and it works fine. Runkeeper plays my music and Seconds just counts down the intervals.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Endomondo and sporttracklive both have interval training as well.
  • mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all!